Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dreamtastic
lithium

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4 (11-24-2021)

Post#51 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:38 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
SWOS wrote:I was using av cables as I can only record footage to my laptop by using av cables into my elgato hd capture device. However when I use my vga cable for Phantasy Star IV I still get a black screen and I tried with a vga hdmi cable convertor. The other 2 Phantasy Star games load up fine. Could it be due to me having a Pal dreamcast? I 've seen your video showing all 3 games load but similarly I can get James Pond 2 to load and I think that was shown on the bad list but works perfectly.

Yes not sure about pal thing or if you using the same rom and any other factor but if you try the same thing on demul you see it also works correct

not tried to force an emulator into pal and see yet.. I let the author know of the problem

you should try direct vga to montor not just a capture..

I tried using a cheap vga to hdmi convertor today that i had from years ago and i also still get the black screen for PS IV and other games as well. So i am not sure now if this is the case either.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4 (11-24-2021)

Post#52 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm

dont know what to tell you works on my cheap china capture other then not having pal dreamcast that's about it

It does not work for me on that game using rca leads but works fine with vga

crazy problem but it seems you might be on to something with the pal dreamcast

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#53 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:43 am

Ian Micheal wrote:dont know what to tell you works on my cheap china capture other then not having pal dreamcast that's about it

It does not work for me on that game using rca leads but works fine with vga

crazy problem but it seems you might be on to something with the pal dreamcast

Yeah i don't know either. I have an NTSC DC though it could be certain dreamcast doing it for some odd reason.

SWOS
rebel

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.1 (01-12-2022)

Post#54 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:08 pm

I tried with my vga directly to my samsung tv using the cd download from your youtube channel - same result - the other 2 Phantasy Star games load but Phantasy Star 4 just hangs on a black screen. I also get the same result if I use my VGA to Hdmi dreamcast cable direct to the tv. I wonder if it might be an issue with my tv rather than the dreamcast o the emulator.

Also has anyone tried to play cannon fodder - on the second mission the map background changes colours as you move through it, its like the palette gets reduced as less and less colours are displayed. I was using a vga cable directly to the tv for that game too.

On a positive note, Zombies Ate my Neighbours works good for me - it is listed on the bad list as missing the hud but I have the scanner so not sure what hud it is referring to.

The emulator is brill and the sound quality is the best I have heard for one running on a dreamcast. Really enjoying trying the games I played as a teenager.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.1 (01-12-2022)

Post#55 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:28 am

SWOS wrote:

I tried with my vga directly to my samsung tv using the cd download from your youtube channel - same result - the other 2 Phantasy Star games load but Phantasy Star 4 just hangs on a black screen. I also get the same result if I use my VGA to Hdmi dreamcast cable direct to the tv. I wonder if it might be an issue with my tv rather than the dreamcast o the emulator.

Also has anyone tried to play cannon fodder - on the second mission the map background changes colours as you move through it, its like the palette gets reduced as less and less colours are displayed. I was using a vga cable directly to the tv for that game too.

On a positive note, Zombies Ate my Neighbours works good for me - it is listed on the bad list as missing the hud but I have the scanner so not sure what hud it is referring to.

The emulator is brill and the sound quality is the best I have heard for one running on a dreamcast. Really enjoying trying the games I played as a teenager.

Not working for me any more ether so no idea whats going it tried today and same problem the other day it worked fine got me stumpped

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.2 (01-13-2022)

Post#56 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:45 pm

well it's the watch dog timer does not give enff time loading off a cdr

game loads fine from serial port

Code: Select all

OUTPUT:> KallistiOS Git revision v2.0.0-489-gfae2358-dirty:
OUTPUT:>   Sun 26 Sep 2021 11:00:31 PM CDT
OUTPUT:>   alex@alex-ThinkPad-P15-Gen-1:/opt/toolchains/dc/kos
OUTPUT:> maple: active drivers:
OUTPUT:>     Dreameye (Camera): Camera
OUTPUT:>     Sound Input Peripheral: Microphone
OUTPUT:>     PuruPuru (Vibration) Pack: JumpPack
OUTPUT:>     VMU Driver: Clock, LCD, MemoryCard
OUTPUT:>     Mouse Driver: Mouse
OUTPUT:>     Keyboard Driver: Keyboard
OUTPUT:>     Controller Driver: Controller
OUTPUT:>     Lightgun: LightGun
OUTPUT:>   DMA Buffer at ac5f1140
OUTPUT:> vid_set_mode: 640x480 VGA
OUTPUT:> fs_romdisk: mounting image at 0x8c0cff8c at /rd
OUTPUT:> dc-load console support enabled
OUTPUT:> maple: attached devices:
OUTPUT:>   A0: Dreamcast Controller          (01000000: Controller)
OUTPUT:> MAIN !!!!
OUTPUT:> Init genesis bios
OUTPUT:> InitFont
OUTPUT:> Reset variables
OUTPUT:> Init CPUs
OUTPUT:> Load config
OUTPUT:> Load_Config './/gens.cfg'
OUTPUT:> vid_set_mode: 320x240 VGA
OUTPUT:> pvr: disabling vertical scaling for VGA
OUTPUT:> Main loop
OUTPUT:> Sound Rate   : 22050
OUTPUT:> Sound Enabled: 1
OUTPUT:> DAC Enabled  : 1
OUTPUT:> Z80 State    : 1
OUTPUT:> CCR: 00000105
OUTPUT:> RD: 64
OUTPUT:> vid_set_mode: 640x480 VGA
OUTPUT:> Texmode: 2
OUTPUT:> chars size: 3420
OUTPUT:> chars size: 252
OUTPUT:> fs_iso9660: disc change detected
OUTPUT:>   (joliet level 3 extensions detected)
OUTPUT:> vid_set_mode: 320x240 VGA
OUTPUT:> Loading rom Phantasy Star GenIIII.bin... done.
OUTPUT:> ***LOADING SRAM***
OUTPUT:> /ram/GENS4ALL_QhD
OUTPUT:> Init_Genesis: Sound_Enable is 1
OUTPUT:> Initing_Sound
OUTPUT:> Sound Rate: 22050
OUTPUT:> Audiobuf size: 32768
OUTPUT:> Name : "PHANTASY STAR The end of the millennium "
OUTPUT:> NameW: "PHANTASY STAR The end of the millennium "
OUTPUT:> Version: " MK-1307 -00"
OUTPUT:> Sonic Z80: 0
OUTPUT:> Sonic 2: 0
OUTPUT:> Ristar: 0
OUTPUT:> chars size: 3420

what happen was nothing to do with vga i got lucky and cdr loaded fast enff
Attachments
bandicam 2022-01-13 13-03-58-449.jpg

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.3 (01-24-2022)

Post#57 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Updated to version 4.3 which adds 240p support.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14933#p156302
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

KmusDC
fire

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4.3 (01-24-2022)

Post#58 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:03 am

MoeFoh wrote:Updated to version 4.3 which adds 240p support.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14933#p156302

Thanks, wonderful to see the rapid evolution of this emulator.

Sax20
lithium

Post#59 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 am

Snow Bros. (Megadrive / genesis version) is a good game for the compilation. Just an idea!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#60 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Sax20 wrote:Snow Bros. (Megadrive / genesis version) is a good game for the compilation. Just an idea!

Maybe it's in Wedge's latest release?
viewtopic.php?p=161139#p161126
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski