Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dreamtastic
lithium

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4 (11-24-2021)

Post#41 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:14 pm

SWOS wrote:
Does Phantasy Star IV work for you? I have been having trouble getting it to work. I even made a disc with Phantasy Star IV on it and still can't get it to boot. I made the CDI image twice and still can't seems to get it to run. I have run into a few games that simply black screen when i start them. I had Light Crusader in and transition screen lock up to a black screen as well in the first half hour.

No - I just tried Phantasy Star from the original CDI image and just got a black screen- I don't actually have the rom for that game so cant try by putting it on a separate cd but it is included on the un released sega megadrive emulator the dreamcast that I saw discussed on Dreamcast junkyard -

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/ ... r-for.html

The sound for that emulator doesn't seem as good as this latest Gens4all but the speed of some of the games seems to be better as sometimes some games seem to be running too fast on the gens4all.

:( Thank you for checking. My dream of playing all of the PS Games on dreamcast will have to wait a little longer. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Must have GENESIS emulator download (GENS4GOOD) - Updated to ver. 4 (11-24-2021)

Post#43 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:30 pm

Dreamtastic wrote:
SWOS wrote:
Does Phantasy Star IV work for you? I have been having trouble getting it to work. I even made a disc with Phantasy Star IV on it and still can't get it to boot. I made the CDI image twice and still can't seems to get it to run. I have run into a few games that simply black screen when i start them. I had Light Crusader in and transition screen lock up to a black screen as well in the first half hour.

No - I just tried Phantasy Star from the original CDI image and just got a black screen- I don't actually have the rom for that game so cant try by putting it on a separate cd but it is included on the un released sega megadrive emulator the dreamcast that I saw discussed on Dreamcast junkyard -

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/ ... r-for.html

The sound for that emulator doesn't seem as good as this latest Gens4all but the speed of some of the games seems to be better as sometimes some games seem to be running too fast on the gens4all.

:( Thank you for checking. My dream of playing all of the PS Games on dreamcast will have to wait a little longer. Thanks for the suggestion.

dont know what you guys are talking about i have it working these games..i post the disk with working all 3 games

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#44 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:31 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Dreamtastic wrote:
SWOS wrote:

dont know what you guys are talking about i have it working these games..i post the disk with working all 3 games

Well i tried downloading the cdi twice, burning it twice, and i tried swiping out the disc after i booted and putting a disc in that i have PS IV on and it still black screens. Maybe i am doing something wrong?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#45 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 pm

Dreamtastic wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
Dreamtastic wrote:dont know what you guys are talking about i have it working these games..i post the disk with working all 3 games

Well i tried downloading the cdi twice, burning it twice, and i tried swiping out the disc after i booted and putting a disc in that i have PS IV on and it still black screens. Maybe i am doing something wrong?

releasing a working version are you using VGA cable like me works perfect check release in min

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#46 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:11 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Dreamtastic wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

releasing a working version are you using VGA cable like me works perfect check release in min

I am using av cables sadly as when i got a new tv it didn't have a vga hook up and haven't got around to buying a converter yet. Could this be the issue?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#47 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:13 pm

Dreamtastic wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
Dreamtastic wrote:

I am using av cables sadly as when i got a new tv it didn't have a vga hook up and haven't got around to buying a converter yet. Could this be the issue?

It could be working perfect with my cheap $15 vga cable provided the cdi in topic known working

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15207

SWOS
rebel

Post#48 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:07 pm

I was using av cables as I can only record footage to my laptop by using av cables into my elgato hd capture device. However when I use my vga cable for Phantasy Star IV I still get a black screen and I tried with a vga hdmi cable convertor. The other 2 Phantasy Star games load up fine. Could it be due to me having a Pal dreamcast? I 've seen your video showing all 3 games load but similarly I can get James Pond 2 to load and I think that was shown on the bad list but works perfectly.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#49 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:24 pm

SWOS wrote:I was using av cables as I can only record footage to my laptop by using av cables into my elgato hd capture device. However when I use my vga cable for Phantasy Star IV I still get a black screen and I tried with a vga hdmi cable convertor. The other 2 Phantasy Star games load up fine. Could it be due to me having a Pal dreamcast? I 've seen your video showing all 3 games load but similarly I can get James Pond 2 to load and I think that was shown on the bad list but works perfectly.

I have ntsc dreamcast but vga that dont matter might be putting out a signal your capture cant handle not sure but they work correct

i cant test on pal dreamcast i dont have one..

Many of the games on the bad list work for me using a vga cable..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#50 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:23 pm

SWOS wrote:I was using av cables as I can only record footage to my laptop by using av cables into my elgato hd capture device. However when I use my vga cable for Phantasy Star IV I still get a black screen and I tried with a vga hdmi cable convertor. The other 2 Phantasy Star games load up fine. Could it be due to me having a Pal dreamcast? I 've seen your video showing all 3 games load but similarly I can get James Pond 2 to load and I think that was shown on the bad list but works perfectly.

Yes not sure about pal thing or if you using the same rom and any other factor but if you try the same thing on demul you see it also works correct

not tried to force an emulator into pal and see yet.. I let the author know of the problem

you should try direct vga to montor not just a capture..