Nice post of Dreamcast CHD's (USA,JAPAN,EU) on ARCHIVE.ORG

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Nice post of Dreamcast CHD's (USA,JAPAN,EU) on ARCHIVE.ORG

Post#1 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:14 am

https://archive.org/download/chd_dc/CHD-Dreamcast/

I've download and tested a few on flycast and redream and they all work. MAX compression was used.

Reminder CHD's will NOT work on ODE's.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

fraggle200
chill

Re: Nice post of Dreamcast CHD's (USA,JAPAN,EU) on ARCHIVE.ORG

Post#2 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:10 am

Thought this was the set by Chadmaster. he was reconverting the Bin/Cue Redump set to CHD but I don't think it's been updated in a while. looks like it's just the GDI-CHD one that's "complete" if you disregard all the nonredump stuff.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#3 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:19 pm

fraggle200 wrote:Thought this was the set by Chadmaster. he was reconverting the Bin/Cue Redump set to CHD but I don't think it's been updated in a while. looks like it's just the GDI-CHD one that's "complete" if you disregard all the nonredump stuff.

Right. This is the first set which is GDI -> CHD - use these. The link points directly here.
The other set is REDUMP -> CHD - don't use these. Not sure why he chose to do the REDUMPS.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

fraggle200
chill

Post#4 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:13 am

MoeFoh wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:Thought this was the set by Chadmaster. he was reconverting the Bin/Cue Redump set to CHD but I don't think it's been updated in a while. looks like it's just the GDI-CHD one that's "complete" if you disregard all the nonredump stuff.

Right. This is the first set which is GDI -> CHD - use these. The link points directly here.
The other set is REDUMP -> CHD - don't use these. Not sure why he chose to do the REDUMPS.

the reason is that the Redumps set is considered to be more data accurate than the GDI sets from TOSEC as they both deal with the gaps, lead ins differently, if I remember correctly.

That's why Redump moved away from GDI and to Bin/Cue for their DC sets.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:22 am

fraggle200 wrote:That's why Redump moved away from GDI and to Bin/Cue for their DC sets.

Redump shoots images on a regular PC drive, then these images are cut into tracks
Redump does not know how to properly cut the image into tracks, so they abandoned GDI and switched to CUE / BIN
TOSEC shoots images on GD-ROM, the tracks do not need to be cut, they are read separately, their images are the most accurate

fraggle200
chill

Post#6 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:27 am

megavolt85 wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:That's why Redump moved away from GDI and to Bin/Cue for their DC sets.

Redump shoots images on a regular PC drive, then these images are cut into tracks
Redump does not know how to properly cut the image into tracks, so they abandoned GDI and switched to CUE / BIN
TOSEC shoots images on GD-ROM, the tracks do not need to be cut, they are read separately, their images are the most accurate

I stand corrected. well, every day's a school day! Can't rem where I read that the Redump set was more accurate.... possibly from Redump themselves.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#7 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 am

CHD BIN/CUE do work on the redream emulator.
- Charles Bukowski