Dreamneo CD 1.6 Questions - Thank you!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

majestic_lizard
shadow

Dreamneo CD 1.6 Questions - Thank you!

Post#1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:09 pm

Recently, I came across this new emulator for the DC that finally allows specific Neo Geo CD games to run, which did not run properly or at all in a previous emulator. Samurai Shodown 3 finally runs (though it is the censored version) and Magician Lord finally runs without the BGM cutting out in game.

Thank you Ian Micheal! It must be nice to have a super-brain.

I am wondering if the following games that had raster errors (or did not run at all) work with this emulator and if self booting versions of them could be compiled:

Karnov's Revenge (Raster Errors in Neo4all)
Overtop (crashed in Neo4all)
Neo Turfmasters (Raster Errors)
Art of Fighting CD (crashed in Neo4all, though the AES worked, but choppy)

Finally, would it be possible to compile Samurai Shodown 3 in the Japanese region so that there is blood? Although you can select "Japanese" in the menu, that does not enable blood. I owned a Neo Geo CD once and you actually had to hack the console and create a region switch to trick the system into thinking it was a Japanese console to enable the blood and Mai's "bouncy" animations in various games.

In Neo4all, that was possible in a config file.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamneo CD 1.6 Questions - Thank you!

Post#2 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:59 am

Your welcome Holding start on the loading boot screen can change to japan to get blood.. I have updated version with Direct acia sound coming .. I have a back injury right now cant looking into it..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamneo CD 1.6 Questions - Thank you!

Post#3 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:20 am

majestic_lizard wrote:Recently, I came across this new emulator for the DC that finally allows specific Neo Geo CD games to run, which did not run properly or at all in a previous emulator. Samurai Shodown 3 finally runs (though it is the censored version) and Magician Lord finally runs without the BGM cutting out in game.

Thank you Ian Micheal! It must be nice to have a super-brain.

I am wondering if the following games that had raster errors (or did not run at all) work with this emulator and if self booting versions of them could be compiled:

Karnov's Revenge (Raster Errors in Neo4all)
Overtop (crashed in Neo4all)
Neo Turfmasters (Raster Errors)
Art of Fighting CD (crashed in Neo4all, though the AES worked, but choppy)

Finally, would it be possible to compile Samurai Shodown 3 in the Japanese region so that there is blood? Although you can select "Japanese" in the menu, that does not enable blood. I owned a Neo Geo CD once and you actually had to hack the console and create a region switch to trick the system into thinking it was a Japanese console to enable the blood and Mai's "bouncy" animations in various games.

In Neo4all, that was possible in a config file.

All you do is on the boot swap screen hold start change region no txt files or reburning needed .. This goes for all Dreamneo cd releases ..
This bring blood to metal slug for example which I'm working on new version.. Before i got the injury
japan3.png

japan.png

japan2.png

Watch how
https://streamable.com/y719b8

Video blood etc
https://streamable.com/0rau98