Are there any premade emu collections for SD Adapters?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Beefalo
lithium

Are there any premade emu collections for SD Adapters?

Post by Beefalo »

I'm aware there's a wealth of emulators optimized for SD Readers, compatibility lists for games, etc. But in this era of perpetual convenience, we've got things like rompacks on archive.org specifically formatted for Everdrives ("htgdb-gamepacks") - just download+unzip onto a properly-formatted SD card.

It's been a while since I made use of my SD Adapter but I recall needing lots of trial+error to get all the settings just right and everything to load properly. Unfortunately, my adult self is lacking in the time department nowadays. I'm hoping there exist some already-setup collections out there I can simply unzip to my 64GB SD card, supplementing the official games on my GDEMU.

So my questions:
  1. Is there something like that for a DC SD card/Dreamshell?
  2. Is there anything special I need to do for it to work in conjunction with GDEmu, or can I simply load the Dreamshell ISO off of it?
Thank you!
MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Are there any premade emu collections for SD Adapters?

Post by MoeFoh »

Beefalo wrote:I'm aware there's a wealth of emulators optimized for SD Readers, compatibility lists for games, etc. But in this era of perpetual convenience, we've got things like rompacks on archive.org specifically formatted for Everdrives ("htgdb-gamepacks") - just download+unzip onto a properly-formatted SD card.

It's been a while since I made use of my SD Adapter but I recall needing lots of trial+error to get all the settings just right and everything to load properly. Unfortunately, my adult self is lacking in the time department nowadays. I'm hoping there exist some already-setup collections out there I can simply unzip to my 64GB SD card, supplementing the official games on my GDEMU.

So my questions:
  1. Is there something like that for a DC SD card/Dreamshell?
  2. Is there anything special I need to do for it to work in conjunction with GDEmu, or can I simply load the Dreamshell ISO off of it?
Thank you!
Not exactly emulation, but check out this thread of mine:
https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15062
The download includes a dreamshell cdi image which you add to your gdemu flash card and run.

Edit: See this new NEOGEO download: https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 51&t=16642