The NEO GEO Emu Scene?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ScDream
dark night

The NEO GEO Emu Scene?

Post#1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 pm

I get a lot of mileage out of emu'd Neo Geo titles on my DC. Neo4All plays stuff fast and looks great (I think some of that has to do with the skill of the person doing the emu/conv so respect goes out to personal skillz also).

My interest with Neo Geo games is to have them on self-booting, single-game CDs that casually interested people can drop in and play without having to select things from menus. It also makes it easy to hand a pile of discs to a kid and let him "just play".

Anyway, it seems like some Neo titles were meant to be 2 player (Neo Drift Out, Neo Drift Out New Technology, etc) but they don't actually work with 2 players, while some games like Top Hunter and Metal Slug are good with 2 out of the box - is there a controller combination trick to enable 2 players?

Thanks!
Last edited by ScDream on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScDream
dark night

Re: The NEO GEO Emu Scene?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, after a lot of Bing and Google hunting, I finally found enough clues (and apps) to burn Neo Geo games for my DC, using BootDreams.

Wow! I understand that this is "lightweight class" stuff to most regulars on the forum, but I finally have some sense of achievement. This is pretty nice.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to take what I have and make a CDI?

2. Is anyone interested enough in my giving back to the community that I upload the self-booting CDIs (once I learn how to make them) to a place?