Were all the Dream Library games ever unlocked?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

noiseredux
Power Stone

Were all the Dream Library games ever unlocked?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Apparently there were 40 or so games for Genesis and TG16 locked on the Dream Passport 3 discs in Japan as part of the Dream Library download service. I've heard of the DP3 being hacked before and being distributed with hundreds of Genesis ROM's but what I'm really curious to see is the DP3 disc "unlocked" to play just those 40 or so Genesis and TG16 games.

Also, So far I haven't found a solid list of what the 40 (I think it was 43?) games were. This site has a list of 30 of them...

http://www.giantbomb.com/dream-library/92-2296/

...has anyone found a more thorough list?

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: Were all the Dream Library games ever unlocked?

Post#2 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 am

I think one of our ReviveDC members (atreyu187) bought the disc to look into this. Don't know what the result was.

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#3 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 am

Comrade Snarky wrote:I think one of our ReviveDC members (atreyu187) bought the disc to look into this. Don't know what the result was.

another necro-bump, sorry. But I was thinking about this again the other day when we were talking about TG16 emulation in another thread, so I wonder if atreyu every looked into it?

Lord*Hypnos
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm kind of curious about this too, but I'm guessing there's not really enough interest in emulation on DC these days for anyone to go to the effort.
Also Known as TheRedFox

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#5 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:17 am

Lord*Hypnos wrote:I'm kind of curious about this too, but I'm guessing there's not really enough interest in emulation on DC these days for anyone to go to the effort.

you're probably right. This just seems like the kind of project that the ReviveDC doods would dig their teeth into though!

I'd love it if there was some patched version w/ all those games unlocked. I guess I'm just really interested to see *which* games were officially released back then... and of course curious to see how good the official TG16 emulation was.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:58 pm

AFAIK I've heard the mega drive emulator on this disc was the same as the smash pack.

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#7 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:05 pm

dark wrote:AFAIK I've heard the mega drive emulator on this disc was the same as the smash pack.

that would make sense. I'm more curious about the TG16 emulator. And also very curious to know an actual list of all the Gen/TG16 games that were officially available via that disc.