reicast Dreamcast emulator for android or OUYA

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

JHON_B_DC_NUT_9_9_99
shadow

reicast Dreamcast emulator for android or OUYA

Post#1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:27 pm

Has anyone tried reicast on their tablet or phone? Works pretty great in alpha state. I am using an r6 beta build to play Evil Twin: Cyprien' s Chronicles and also Seaman. Look for the r5 release on Google play market or like their page on Facebook. People have posted links to the r6 betas.

Kannibal
fragger

Re: reicast Dreamcast emulator for android or OUYA

Post#2 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Sorry for being a necro-poster, but I recently checked out r0.06 and was excited to find that the majority of fighting games I tried run at near full speed. Dead or Alive 2 has some FPS draining stages while Marvel vs Capcom 2 suffers from sprite border issue where you can see lines on your characters; this is better than on r0.05 where the characters are a pile of garbled mess.

I added some games to the reicast compatibility list.
"Dog in man's best friend, Cat is man's adorable little serial killer."

beanboy
Wazza

Re: reicast Dreamcast emulator for android or OUYA

Post#3 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Well for anyone who is curious about reicast:

I use reicast r6 on my android tablet. (The one found on the playstore. Well, it was there.)
And many dreamcast games run well on it. But some of them do give problems.

MVC2 runs well on my tablet. Same with Project Justice, Soul Calibur, Fighting Vipers 2 and Vampire Chronicles For Matchmaking Service.

But VF3tb and DOA2, both run kinda slow, but are still playable.

Super Street Fighter 2 X For matchmaking service, slows down and then crashes, at the character select screen. :roll:

What I've noticed is that in alot of cases, emulators seem to run better on tablets, and not always so well on phones. I don't know what is the mystery behind that. Lol.
Reicast is really nice though. :D