Re: New Karous English translation!

Post#12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:34 pm

..why does he plug Evil Twin Cyprien's Chronicles on license screen 0.o

THANK YOU

Sneku
shadow

Post#13 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Has anyone else had trouble using this with MadSheep's GDMEU SD Card Maker? I feel like I must have patched the game incorrectly, because it throws an error and asks me to close the program every time I try to add the patched game. If you ignore the error and tell the program to continue, it shows corrupt metadata and messes up the names of the folders on the SD card, forcing you to manually rename them or start over from scratch. I've tried using a CDI and a GDI rip, and followed the readme (there aren't many steps) so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

If anyone has gotten this to work correctly with the SD Maker, would you mind sharing your file? Or walking me through the process?

Edit: It will kinda work with the SD Card Maker if you put the files on the card manually. That means making a numbered folder and putting the disc image in, renaming it "disc", and manually creating info.txt and name.txt (check other games for the proper format). Once you do that, the game shows up normally and you can move it around. But for some reason you still can't edit the metadata using the program (the Disc, VGA, Region, Version, and Date info) and all of the spaces for that info will appear blank, even if you try to input them.

But the game seems to be playable this way! It just shows up as disc 1 of 2, and has all the issues I described above, which is weird.

Edit 2: Here is the error, in case that helps:

show spoiler»

Last edited by Sneku on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#14 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Just tried it with SD Card Maker, and yep, does the same for me as well. So something about the patch is screwy.

Sneku
shadow

Post#15 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I actually think this is an issue with the original game... but only when it's in CDI format. I get a similar error with the standard Japanese version of the game... but only if it's in CDI format. The GDI version works perfectly, and the metadata is formatted and functions as expected. So maybe it's an issue with how this specific game formats it's metadata? I don't know. It just doesn't seem to be compatible with SD Card Maker when it's in cdi format.

Is there a way to make a GDI version of the English translation? That might fix the issue for GDEMU / SD Card Maker users.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Not that I know of. There was an option to create GDI instead of CDI in the patch tools, but when I tried it when it was released it didn't work.

Sneku
shadow

Post#17 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:42 am

The issue was with the IP.BIN file. That's where the metadata (among other things) is located. A few parts of the file seem to be incorrect (like the disc 1/2 thing) but a few parts seem fine and work perfectly on a burned CD or emulator, but don't play nice with the SD Card Builder for some reason.

Anyway, I made a new IP.BIN using IP.BIN Creator, rebuilt the CDI, and now it works just fine with both SD Card Builder and GDEMU.

Just build a new IP.BIN, drop it in the data folder after you've populated it with the other files, and build the cdi. It should work perfectly now, on both real CDs and on the GDEMU / SD Card Builder. Here are the settings I used.

I tried editing the original IP.BIN using IP BIN 4 WIN (the program shown in the last screenshot) but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Only making a brand new file worked, so that's what I'm doing for now.

Unfortunately I'm still very new to the scene (it took a lot of reading and fiddling for me to figure out this much) so I wasn't able to figure out how to make a working GDI from the English translation. But at least the CDI is compatible with the SD Card Maker now.

Here's a link to the ip.bin I made. Hopefully this info helps someone!

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#18 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 am

I'm a lot less technically inclined, so I'm kinda lost at the "rebuild CDI" part. How does one do that and with what software? Or do you mean use that edited IP.bin when you're applying the patch?

Sneku
shadow

Post#19 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 am

Yeah, that's what I mean. You can use LazyBoot (which is included with the patch) or any other tool you like, like BootDreams.

Basically, just follow all of the instructions in the translation''s ReadMe file, but swap out the IP.BIN file for the new one before you run LazyBoot. That seems to solve the compatibility issues with SD Card Maker.

Mechasonik
fire

Post#20 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:47 pm

Sneku wrote:The issue was with the IP.BIN file. That's where the metadata (among other things) is located. A few parts of the file seem to be incorrect (like the disc 1/2 thing) but a few parts seem fine and work perfectly on a burned CD or emulator, but don't play nice with the SD Card Builder for some reason.

Anyway, I made a new IP.BIN using IP.BIN Creator, rebuilt the CDI, and now it works just fine with both SD Card Builder and GDEMU.

Just build a new IP.BIN, drop it in the data folder after you've populated it with the other files, and build the cdi. It should work perfectly now, on both real CDs and on the GDEMU / SD Card Builder. Here are the settings I used.

I tried editing the original IP.BIN using IP BIN 4 WIN (the program shown in the last screenshot) but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Only making a brand new file worked, so that's what I'm doing for now.

Unfortunately I'm still very new to the scene (it took a lot of reading and fiddling for me to figure out this much) so I wasn't able to figure out how to make a working GDI from the English translation. But at least the CDI is compatible with the SD Card Maker now.

Here's a link to the ip.bin I made. Hopefully this info helps someone!

Can you please upload the cdi you're using, I mean the patched one you made, the one I found online messes up my SD Card Maker files, thank you!