Black Mesa

Re: Preview Update openbor6.2 BONUS!!! Mortal Kombat 4 games FMV menu CDDA

Post#11 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:22 pm

use VLC to record desktop

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:30 pm

deluxux wrote:possibly 2048 bytes/sector? https://assemblergames.com/threads/unof ... ost-984908

https://mega.nz/#!un5glIZK!8fhWFUHax-J7 ... kGYSzCmMFI normal kos CDDA with 4 tracks to test on gdemu not a bit of code changed CDI

Could be let me know if this works if it does i think i can fix it please heheh

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#13 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 pm

works good, plays each track, Y volume up, A volume down

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:26 am

deluxux wrote:works good, plays each track, Y volume up, A volume down

Ok great thanks Now to fix this with video as well Really appreciate this :)

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#15 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Really want to know if this is worth making a version for the gdemu with a 4gig file limt you could get a lot of video audio not so much on a cdr

I would love a modern way to play video/audio files on the Dreamcast
Check this out http://beet.the-eye.eu/alvro/_Archivist ... _DC-UG.tar

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:24 pm

deluxux wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Really want to know if this is worth making a version for the gdemu with a 4gig file limt you could get a lot of video audio not so much on a cdr

I would love a modern way to play video/audio files on the Dreamcast
Check this out http://beet.the-eye.eu/alvro/_Archivist ... _DC-UG.tar

Pretty nice but it's using the official dev it we cant change the src.. it's a lower bit rate then i have right now.. problem is the way kos works at the moment nulldc does not seem to care it works perfect dc audio and 2000bit rate video hybrid format I thought up.. Now problem is because on a real dreamcast im using all the cpu for video CD audio does not use hardly any but the way the hardware works cd audio does not start because it's a low priority does not get time to start.. I have to find a way on real hardware to run this in a thread

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 am

Not sure if you guys seen DCMC, it was a media center app made by Ph3nom who worked on In the Line of Fire the failed kickstarter. He was trying to make a good one for DC but stopped working on it I believe.

https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=102594

Also, mrneo240 figured out the Mil-CD app so he made it work with new videos so you can have your own "Official" video player for DC with it.Not sure if that is of any interest or not?

https://assemblergames.com/threads/mil- ... elp.69257/

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:05 am

What i was doing could be highest bit rate over all of those it's hybrid format CD audio im geting for free allowing full cpu power to video.. all these others are using software to mix the audio making it not possible for 2000bit rate fmv These other players you talking 700bit rate max

Plus the fact i can taylor it to each video in code not just the bitrate of a template also it's a boot loader and menu system

Format im using is mpeg 2 and cd audio it's not a real format people have used it's something i thought up.. Course it worked on nulldc but thats another story

This format may never work on real hardware if i cant get timed threads to work i need to mod kos it's self

Example at 700bit rate i can get close to 60fps which is pretty crazy only if i use cd audio sync and other problems all a problem if i cant get the timing and threads to work together.. It's become more of nitemare then i first thought since it just worked perfect on nulldc but does not on real hardware I real tease of what could be.. Kind taken me in to a downer taking a little break

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 am

want to see a what if load it up on riecast or nulldc video i started with is upscaled to 2000bit rate of a 360p youtube video looks better on dreamcast then youtube sound works flawless but on those to emulators .. far as i know would never work correct on gdemu or real hardware now i have not burned it to a cdr and tryed but like i said cdda code works on gdemu video code works on gdemu but they dont want to work togther what ever ints first stops the other.. on nulldc that does not happen if i knew this i would of kept this to my self.. course i can use mp3 and it slow to 15fps and look like crap mp3 ogg mp4 all mix audio and software ... My hybrid format mpeg 2 and cd audio Giving fullpower to the video and geting 44khz audio for free

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:58 am

Well, the reason I asked if they could be of use to you, especially DCMC since source is available, was maybe you could get higher bitrate on it by editing the source code?

Could be cool to see a new media center style app build around your project.