GPSPDC update in progress And NGP RACEDC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: GPSPDC update in progress And NGP RACEDC

Post#31 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:51 pm

Alexislight wrote:you are very active years ago, you are a very important member at DREAMCAST community, i know, i am a dreamcast world watcher like you, and dreamcast fan since 1999, my first web was "Dreamadictos", and now is dreamcast.es (it's too quiet lately). dctalk is a great web very active too!...

Hehe thanks man. I am flattered. :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#32 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:50 pm

Progress now have the gui were you go back to select a rom after you play one and you can turn up and down the sound left right trigger.. I might not get a video out today i had trouble geting the gui to reload for most of the day.. a pre alpha version will be on my patreon page

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#33 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Fast dev video showing the gui can now go back to the menu to reload another game You can also turn the sound and and down now with the left right triggers..

Render you can see no more problems with white lines.. This old webcam so how it looks and sounds is subject to that..

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#34 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:46 pm

Nice to see your on the job with gba emu. I know it's a pipe dream but who knows maybe it will be playable in the future. Good luck.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#35 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:21 am

cloofoofoo wrote:Nice to see your on the job with gba emu. I know it's a pipe dream but who knows maybe it will be playable in the future. Good luck.

Thank you it will take time to go through that source code i was just happy i got it to build and compile.. NGP on the other hand i have a long history with neogeo emulators and hardware..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#36 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:07 am

Progress with the GUI can select a game then go back to the romselection and load more games we now have a background image If people would like to make art for it it be cool

here's how it looks so far
racegui.png

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#37 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:13 am

lastb.png

lastb2.png

lastb3.png

racegui5.png

now have roms in folders you can have from a to z and go back to root as well thanks for the code tips from protofall :)

Major work to do is saving and using a real font for the gui :)

I have started optimizing the main cpu core speed is now more smooth there is zero frameskip on this.. I have not ported the cz80 core from dreamneo cd yet which is about 15% faster then the mame core in there now

Wants gui overlay on the emulation
imageproxy.png

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#38 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:33 am

Longname support not just 8 letters any more ;)

longname.png

ev.png

ev1.png

ev2.png

Have to get saving working for this game :)

background as of now 512x512
back.png

streeker
fragger

Post#39 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:56 am

Ian, just a short reminder: could you please take care of the correct aspect ratio / resolution for NGP games? Like you said, it's 160x152 - almost square, not rectangular like shown in these first pictures of yours.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#40 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:43 am

streeker wrote:Ian, just a short reminder: could you please take care of the correct aspect ratio / resolution for NGP games? Like you said, it's 160x152 - almost square, not rectangular like shown in these first pictures of yours.

Yes for sure :) Since I dont have to use the pvr dma or video hardware i can have correct screen res.. pvr only allows power of 2 for example 256x256 etc..

with this i can have it correct :)