GPSPDC update in progress And NGP RACEDC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: GPSPDC update in progress And NGP RACEDC

Post by Ian Micheal »

Progress now have HW double buffering with the fixed render:) So HW double buffer dma now working thats the major progress of today

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

new video showing progress

I will have overlay support it's working now just have to make the art so a neogeo pocket machine 320x240 with the screen in the center

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Half working overlay support i bid you a good night bugs to crush gives you an idea anyways
almost done overloy.png

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

I really appreciate your work, and I'm very impressed :-)

If I understand well, you started to work on a GBA emulator and you switch on NGP one ?
Why don't you have finish the GBA before ?

Do you think you'll able to finish both ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Gba is not going to be fullspeed or very useable -- Neogeo hardware i know very well and can optimize I now have proper sound on racedc neogeo pocket.. sound update is a major one now sounds great proper almost it fixes music to sound stereo but breaks voices always one step forward to back

it seems both the music and dac are mixed using the same sample rate which is wrong in the emulator from the start dac is 11025 anyways

Alexislight
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: no one

Post by Alexislight »

Great progress!
I played alpha 1, and the gui is very effective! sound is not perfect yet but good, and render is ok with little errors, i enjoy it!!
waiting for alpha2!
Ian Micheal wrote:Gba is not going to be fullspeed or very useable -- Neogeo hardware i know very well and can optimize I now have proper sound on racedc neogeo pocket.. sound update is a major one now sounds great proper almost it fixes music to sound stereo but breaks voices always one step forward to back

it seems both the music and dac are mixed using the same sample rate which is wrong in the emulator from the start dac is 11025 anyways
sound in mono is good too!
i think GBA will be very enjoyable, in the actual state of alpha 9 from gpf or alex, it was capable to play many titles at decent speed with frameskip and fx only not music, i believe in you next version and you capacity, it will be very impressive...
thanks man.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Overlay support now written and working perfect!!!
overlaysupport fixed.png
overlaysupport fixed2.png
overlaysupport fixed3.png
Well that took me more time geting double buffer flipping sorted then i like to say.. At times i thought i never get it right :) you can see the screen before then come on i have a video soon and release of DCrace alpha 3 for supporters :) moving on up

See the screen blank then come on simulates it working :) video soon showing it looks kinda of pretty cool

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Words are missing, fantastic !

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Showing new gui menu music and overlay support and better sound

Gitter on the render does not happen on demul nulldc or redream so have to see why it's there on hardware :)

only alpha 3 much work todo saving should work but dont use it on a vmu you care for

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Starting work on a gba alpha what a mess this code is
Gp gba for dreamcast.PNG
So many warnings and errors whole control system needs re writing debugging before i even start thinking about optimizing there's a lot that can be done using slow pc math functions not sh4 etc video system lots of problems this going to be a task