Crazy Taxi [GDEMU]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Crazy Taxi [GDEMU]

Post#1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 pm

Last edited by dubcity on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Crazy Taxi [GDEMU]

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 am

Big thanks to you dubcity. It's insane that the GDI is 1.10GB in size usually for a game that is only about a tenth that size (I'm aware that's down to how the disc is created), so efforts like these go a long way towards reducing the storage required for GDEmu :D

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:43 am

You're welcome. Some games turn out really small. Some games aren't worth the effort like the games that take up two discs. They are packed. Deluxx suggested I do this so shout out to him. It's also my way of contributing to the dreamcast community. A few people have said they add artwork to their games but I haven't seen anyone post the files. The goal is to have front artwork for as many games as possible for a uniform look and save enough space to fit more games on your sd card. With the gdemu replacing the cd drive you don't need all the extra space the dummy files take up.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:11 pm

So are these 'Truncated' versions different than just using the GDIshrink or rebuildGDI tools on original GDI rips? Because I remember I ran into a few games that lead to issues using those tools.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Tarnish wrote:So are these 'Truncated' versions different than just using the GDIshrink or rebuildGDI tools on original GDI rips? Because I remember I ran into a few games that lead to issues using those tools.

They are made from rebuildGDI so what you heard is correct. Some games do have problems with playback. Some game don't rebuild correctly after extraction. I start up and play one round on each game I release so I can guarantee that they work up to that point. All of my releases are now under one thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13313

igen
noob

Post#6 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:03 pm

how can one get this?