Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Post#141 » Thu May 25, 2023 7:41 am

You should use the US version with a ntsc system, the sync is native for 60Hz.
But maybe you are playing in a crt screen ?

thedemon1238
lithium

Post#142 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:26 pm

I was playing Skies NTSC version on VGA monitor, but lately i switch to CRT TV with Scart RGB cabble. The game starts but the picture is broken. It's not just the starting intro animation. I can't go back to the VGA monitor in the next couple of months, CRT tv with RGB cable are my only option.

What can i do to continue play the game? Can you give me some advice? I don't want to start from the beginning on the PAL version, because I'm somewhere in the middle of the story. If nothing can be done about the signal can I convert the saves from NTSC to PAL and Play the pal version?

ferrycorsten
shadow

Post#143 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:39 am

Where is the undub / Japanese speech version for RGB SCART? I tried the one above where it says "This version has good intro in both vga and rgb" and it is forced to VGA 31khz and doesn't work on RGB SCART (CRT/15khz)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#144 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:56 pm

Ok my bad, I play only via vga and I guessed there are rgb compatible. But I'm surprised the US version is not compatible with crt... Did Someone play the original US version on a crt ?

I played when it was officially released on PAL with a crt (so without @japanese_cake vga patch) and the game run at 50Hz only and it's terribly slow during exploration mode.
The only figure out I see is to replace the 1st_read.bin.

I put right the first post.

ferrycorsten
shadow

Post#145 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:50 am

fafadou wrote:Ok my bad, I play only via vga and I guessed there are rgb compatible. But I'm surprised the US version is not compatible with crt... Did Someone play the original US version on a crt ?

regarding original releases:
USA release doesn't work on RGB SCART, only VGA
PAL release doesn't work on VGA, only RGB SCART, also as it's 50hz, doesn't work on NTSC consoles

edit:
your versions are all patched to VGA, both of the USA ones I tested don't work on RGB SCART on CRT, I'm going to test the PAL UNDUB version now
Last edited by ferrycorsten on Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#146 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:03 pm

Thanks for having a look.

Miguelacho
shadow

Post#147 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:06 am

ferrycorsten wrote:
fafadou wrote:Ok my bad, I play only via vga and I guessed there are rgb compatible. But I'm surprised the US version is not compatible with crt... Did Someone play the original US version on a crt ?

regarding original releases:
USA release doesn't work on RGB SCART, only VGA
PAL release doesn't work on VGA, only RGB SCART

your versions are all patched to work in VGA but don't work on RGB SCART on CRT

In my experience the patched Pal version works on ntsc systems with rgb cables but the audio is out of sync.

ferrycorsten
shadow

Post#148 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:56 am

Miguelacho wrote:In my experience the patched Pal version works on ntsc systems with rgb cables but the audio is out of sync

It must be patched to 60Hz too then, as the original PAL release doesn't and forces 50Hz

Miguelacho
shadow

Post#149 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:37 pm

ferrycorsten wrote:
Miguelacho wrote:In my experience the patched Pal version works on ntsc systems with rgb cables but the audio is out of sync

It must be patched to 60Hz too then, as the original PAL release doesn't and forces 50Hz

I was talking of the pal version patched to 60hz, it works at 60hz with rgb cables but the audio is out of sync, there is no patch available that converts it to 60 hz and doesnt have that issue.

ferrycorsten
shadow

Post#150 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:22 am

Miguelacho wrote:
ferrycorsten wrote:

I was talking of the pal version patched to 60hz, it works at 60hz with rgb cables but the audio is out of sync, there is no patch available that converts it to 60 hz and doesnt have that issue.

i'd already understand exactly what you meant
I was just making the point that the PAL version here is 60hz patched, that's why it works on NTSC consoles, it would be handy to mention that in the post so people know which one to get if they have an NTSC console connected to CRT by RGB SCART