UPDATE RELEASE DOOMDC DCMC NETWORK TEST SD CDR GDEMU [PORT BY CHILLY WILLY]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: UPDATE RELEASE DOOMDC DCMC NETWORK TEST SD CDR GDEMU [PORT BY CHILLY WILLY]

Post#11 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:28 pm

It says it works with both.. all version including og from chilly back to 1.12 version network is red in the menu unless it detects it .. I cant test this.. It should work with BBA and modem..

Video showing it working with those guys thats the only one i ever seen of it working..

video shows this This is a homebrew port of Doom for DC with online functionality. I had troubleshooting issues for days before I figured out I had to configure the 2nd ISP profile in order to use the Modem Connect

i dont see modem connect in Any version released in src or by chilly

this might be bba only that he every released public if some people have some bba to test that be cool

i cant test any of this why i have stay away from online anything homebrew..

willis
letterbomb

Post#12 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 pm

I have two BBA's so I can test it out once I get it working on my end ha! I have these wads in the folder:

Doom.wad
Doom1.wad (shareware version)
Doom2.wad
tnt.wad
plutonia.wad

However this leads to my problem in the other thread. The network settings are red and I can't select it, but if I have a internet cord plugged into my bba and run the disc it just hangs up on a black screen and doesn't load to the menu. Is this because of some setting in the DC memory for internet settings?

I am more than willing to test it out on a real dreamcast with the bba adapter, but I just need it to that point first haha! So theoretically I can test this out on two dreamcast's's's both with bba's if/when I can get this sorted out.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:59 pm

willis wrote:I have two BBA's so I can test it out once I get it working on my end ha! I have these wads in the folder:

Doom.wad
Doom1.wad (shareware version)
Doom2.wad
tnt.wad
plutonia.wad

However this leads to my problem in the other thread. The network settings are red and I can't select it, but if I have a internet cord plugged into my bba and run the disc it just hangs up on a black screen and doesn't load to the menu. Is this because of some setting in the DC memory for internet settings?

I am more than willing to test it out on a real dreamcast with the bba adapter, but I just need it to that point first haha! So theoretically I can test this out on two dreamcast's's's both with bba's if/when I can get this sorted out.

Thanks man it seems this is the case it reads the settings in dc memory.. we will try to understand why ..

willis
letterbomb

Post#14 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:31 pm

I'll go in and check to see what the settings are in my DC's memory. I have a XDP browser and will go in and check in a bit and report back. If I can figure that part out, then I can and will test this whole thing out with 2 Dreamcast.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 pm

willis wrote:I'll go in and check to see what the settings are in my DC's memory. I have a XDP browser and will go in and check in a bit and report back. If I can figure that part out, then I can and will test this whole thing out with 2 Dreamcast.

I can send you a homebrew that boot on dcmc that show all your internet settings we get this working :)

willis
letterbomb

Post#16 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:10 am

Yeah, that would be great. send it on over! I'm always looking for new stuff that I don't have haha!

Just a side note, do you know what the settings should be for this? From what I remember I have my bba set to automatic detect, I didn't set any specific numbers.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:56 am

willis wrote:Yeah, that would be great. send it on over!

I'm always looking for new stuff that I don't have haha!

Ok have new doomdc with network settings forced on as well.. be in a few not long so you can enter the setting ..

:)

even if it does not detect the bba it still allow you to enter settings and save them this might help

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:12 am

Isp-settings bin will display all your isp info
info.png

doomdc version has network settings forced on..

just drop these on root of dcmc

See in the video net is enabled and waiting to connect

This only for networking it will not get in game unless you have config it to do so
Networking BBA is forced on watch the video you see it say waiting
doom[forced on network]isp.rar
(581.15 KiB) Downloaded 336 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:30 am

If you go into network settings turn play network game off it work normal off line.. so you can turn it on or off

on
networksettingon.png

off
networksettingoff.png

network config address

networksetting2.png

working in the dark here with no bba

so i cant test at all it all seems to be working

willis
letterbomb

Post#20 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:35 am

Thanks for this Ian!
I got the files from you and I will have to try them out tomorrow. I will do some more testing then and report back.

Keep us all updated if something else pops up.