UPDATE RELEASE DOOMDC DCMC NETWORK TEST SD CDR GDEMU [PORT BY CHILLY WILLY]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: UPDATE RELEASE DOOMDC DCMC NETWORK TEST SD CDR GDEMU [PORT BY CHILLY WILLY]

Post#41 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:27 am

willis wrote:Looks like we have another one to add to the Doom collection:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-zero

I'm currently working on some art for the DCMC to use it as a front end launcher for a doom collection. Any new progress on the networking side of things Ian? So far the games hopefully in the collection are:

Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom
Doom 4 Demake
Doom Zero (need to test it)
Sigil (if it works)

Going to try the new mod looks cool Cant do much on the networking other then follow the guide by chilly willy i cant get demul to save or even go online with the Xdp

willis
letterbomb

Post#42 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:19 am

Hopefully the doom zero works within the chilly version. It states being vanilla doom so it should right?

Any idea if Sigil will work as well?

DARKHALO2K
dark night

Post#43 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:25 am

Ian Micheal wrote:i dont see modem connect in Any version released in src or by chilly

I'm sure that the build used in the RetroSpectors video is Shuouma's unreleased update, which introduced modem support.

I've asked for an update.

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#44 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:09 am

DARKHALO2K wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:i dont see modem connect in Any version released in src or by chilly

I'm sure that the build used in the RetroSpectors video is Shuouma's unreleased update, which introduced modem support.

I've asked for an update.

I think it is too as spoke to RetroSpecs and don't think he was using the BBA and must of been dial up https://youtu.be/zTOQ_WaKSXU
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#45 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Tried to get it working via VGA and its a black screen but worked on scart.

When using scart it had the option to start in 50hz or 60hz when using VGA that option isn't there and the screen stays blank after pressing DCDoom.bin or DCDoomSD.bin

Using via GDEMU
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#46 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:37 pm

DreamcastUK wrote:Tried to get it working via VGA and its a black screen but worked on scart.

When using scart it had the option to start in 50hz or 60hz when using VGA that option isn't there and the screen stays blank after pressing DCDoom.bin or DCDoomSD.bin

Using via GDEMU

Have not changed anything in the rendering code it's how it still is what chilly did far as vga support i used hdmi cable at the time and it worked so no idea.

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#47 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Have not changed anything in the rendering code it's how it still is what chilly did far as vga support i used hdmi cable at the time and it worked so no idea.

it worked via disc using VGA (without the menus from the file you shared) as the version I had orignally just booted up into Doom without all the Snes stuff etc

Your version worked via scart on a GDEMU however, when trying to use vga on GDEMU it didn't work. Very odd indeed.

Gonna just have to find the original version without all the added files and folders etc

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#48 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:30 am

Managed to get it working with VGA and even uploaded a video with modem/networking mode.

Thanks

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

bjankins1
blackout!

Post#49 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Hey does anyone have a link to the CD-R version of Doom, the one that has rumble and VMU saving

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#50 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 am

Is there a cdi version of this collection I can play in my Redream emu, I download your previous links but Redream can't play sd cdi/iso. Im looking for doom , doom 2 doom final doom 4 remake etc collection which I guess is based of chilly willy and Amiga programmer versions labeled as mega doom collection.

"Looks like we have another one to add to the Doom collection:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-zero

I'm currently working on some art for the DCMC to use it as a front end launcher for a doom collection. Any new progress on the networking side of things Ian? So far the games hopefully in the collection are:

Doom
Doom 2
Final Doom
Doom 4 Demake
Doom Zero (need to test it)
Sigil (if it works)"
Attachments
doom.png
Nice cover
doom.png (251.68 KiB) Viewed 3048 times