DreamPi-Plus --- My Upgrades to The Dreamcast Online Experience.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Re: DreamPi-Plus --- My Upgrades to The Dreamcast Online Experience.

Post#11 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:26 pm

deluxux wrote:sudo apt-get install xinit xserver-xorg raspberrypi-ui-mods chromium-browser xvfb cutycapt fim

Well I'm not sure what went wrong with the script, but running that command get everything installed. It even started running the script correctly before it was finished running apt. That did it! :D

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#12 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Any interest in the continuation of this project?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#13 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Jako had a great idea! I will order one!

pi.screen.case.jpg

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#14 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:32 pm

That's actually a great idea, to be able to see on the pi if there is someone online on dreamcast now.

Another Idea, some way for the pi to send a notification to your phone when someone connects to a game you care about. It might sound hard to do considering you would need an app on the phone, but maybe you can just load discord or a mail on the pi and make it send a mail or message, that way you don't need an external app, you can just use what we already have on phones and pc. It would be nice that something like this could be added to the dreamcastnow site itself, but since we are brainstorming ideas for the pi, it might be posible to do it using it in the time being.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#15 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:19 am

IMG_20230103_001509644~2.jpg

Project has been rebooted,. I got the screen to work!. :mrgreen:

Lillie
noob

Post#16 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:06 pm

Unfortunately it looks like the teknik.io file service shut down sometime this year, the script linked in the OP doesn't exist anymore. It doesn't seem to be on the Wayback Machine either. If you still have it, would you consider reuploading the setup script? I like the idea!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#17 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:44 pm

I played around with this for a while but I have some trouble recreating the original framebuffer only program with Dreampi 1.8 things in the repos have changed, more testing is needed to get it to work with DreamPi1.8 (im a linux noob)
I think a better way to do it is to simply open a full-screen chrome window automatically, This is how I have it working now, works great with the little screen, just took a few tweaks like screen rotation and disable screensaver.