New English Translation for Blue Submarine No. 6 ~Tide and Time~

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: New English Translation for Blue Submarine No. 6 ~Tide and Time~

Post#21 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:18 am

fafadou wrote:Fantastic job @rolly :-)

The DLC are in data down on the website ?
[EDIT] : There are 4 files in .DCI format ? It's a vmu file ?
[EDIT2] : There are 2 0GDTEX.PVR, it's a choice to select our favorite ? or they are both used ?

The pvr displayed by gdemu will be cd image unless you rebuild with jewel image.

I have rebuilt the GDI with jewel image (thanks Rolly for including it in package) its available here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13313

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:15 pm

Really this more then fantastic bump one of if not the best release of the year :)

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#23 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:38 am

I just wanted to chime in here to say that I've been playing this game since the patch was released, and I'm loving it! There's one quirk that I wanted to bring up, though.

Using GDMenu, if the BOOT INTRO setting is set to "OFF", the GDI won't boot. Since I really prefer having the fast-boot features enabled, I decided to create a custom CDI from the GDI so that I can keep my GDMenu boot settings in-tact.

As we know, CDIs always do a full boot with GDMenu, and so for me, this is an ideal way to tackle this problem (aside from actually fixing the issue with the original GDI itself). Please note that SEGA-SKY also released a pre-patched CDI for "Blue Sub" that has had content downsampled, which was designed for non-ODE users. My version has all of the original content of the GDI left untouched and cannot be burned, it was designed for ODE use only and comes in at over 1gb.

For any of you interested, you can download the CDI here...

Blue Submarine No. 6 - Time and Tide (English - Full Res. Uncut CDI) [SEGA-SKY].cdi
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ogrgZlNo8wJ376PumD4KwoVl29ihsjQ1/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Here’s a modified GDI that will work with any fastboot settings on GDMenu.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wqR7mh ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by ateam on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#24 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:14 am

The first time I just try the game, I have no problem, but now I start a game in order to finish it, I have an issue since the beginning ^^
I found the first crate (the strongbox) but I can't catch it anymore...

How should I do please ?

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#25 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:22 am

fafadou wrote:The first time I just try the game, I have no problem, but now I start a game in order to finish it, I have an issue since the beginning ^^
I found the first crate (the strongbox) but I can't catch it anymore...

How should I do please ?

I don't think you'll get many tips on actual gameplay in this thread, so I suggest you consult a walkthrough like the one I found on GameFAQs:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/dreamcast/577263-blue-submarine-no-6-saigetsu-fumahito-time-and-tide/faqs/19297
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#26 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 am

Thanks you ! I'll try this :
3)Push B button until "MAN" on the left-up screen is lighten, and push A button.
4)If the place of submarine, against the object, is good, the manupilator
(mechanical hands) will catch the object.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#28 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Does this work on vga?

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#29 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:39 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Does this work on vga?

Yep! Not sure if it has to be patched, but GDMenu launches it just fine over VGA.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

bingobongo
minority

Post#30 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:25 pm

I've been playing quite a bit of this over the last week - I'm on the second statue and just finished the underground mission (I had to use the Youtube walk through to find that entrance - it's not that obvious) Also, there are 3 crates to pick up - not just the first one surrounded by the crabs in the large room. I thought it was a glitch at first as it seems like you only need 1 crate from the guild notes. You have to drop into the tunnels (again, not totally obvious because you can't clearly see they are holes at first - they appear more as black pits. Just keep thrusting down (or up) and you'll 'eventually' make it to the tunnels below or above. The underground/subway section is actually huge - there are 2 more crates underground, both on train platforms in about the same place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPD9NvK2fK4&t=135s (it's around the 1m 30s mark)

The same channel has video guides for every aspect of the game if you're in difficulty.

It's such an amazing thing to be able to play this game and actually understand what's happening - I'm sure I've said it before - but a massive thanks for making this possible. Definitely a dream come true :)

The crazy thing is that I have 3 dreamcast consoles but they're either a) packed away or b) messed up with a bad GDEmu clone that I just wouldn't trust to actually hold the data (and keep it). So, purely by chance, I ended up with one of these cheap devices in early December:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Sv_hbYJ70&t=442s

I wasn't expecting much for the Dreamcast side of things but, believe it or not, it's been running Blue Submarine No. 6 perfectly so far. Okay, not 100% perfect - the only graphical glitch I've spotted so far is during the 'loading' screen. I was expecting a lot worse, certainly not playable.. but it is completely playable. - Note: there are a ton of games it doesn't play - I'd say it's about 50/50 just messing around with it. I do wonder how powerful these cheap Chinese boxes are going to be in a year or two from now? We're well beyond the NES/SNES clones that I remember.

There's a basic Dreamcast compatibility list here

https://www.reddit.com/r/arcadebox/comm ... andard_43/