Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Post#11 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:50 am

Roareye wrote:That's awesome. Sorry if I'm coming across as questioning your work, I promise you I'm not. I'm very interested in video playback on consoles and yet I'm almost lacking all knowledge, so I'm asking questions to figure stuff out as I go. I'm really looking forward to seeing this complete, as I have some ideas for using it once it's done. ^_^

Gonna download the test stuff in the first post now :)

Not at all lot of work to do Josh did all the hardwork an amazing coder.. I'm updating and adding features and optimizing it getting it stable..

Video play-back has not been a main force it was having a proper homebrew launcher that can play video music HQ rendering of boxart for example Smooth 3d hardware rendering of images which it does clean-est photo viewer max res 1024x1024 thats max dreamcast hardware texture..

Test this on demul or nulldc not sure it work on flycast or redream it's using advanced pvr hardware features..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Post#12 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:53 am

I was going to test on GDEMU. Is it ready for that yet, or should I wait for a future update?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:54 am

Roareye wrote:I was going to test on GDEMU. Is it ready for that yet, or should I wait for a future update?

Sure should be easy to make a cdi or something for gdemu

with the plain files

No there no 1st_read.bin custom format matched to the ip.bin

bootdreams can make this with out a problem..

Long as the ip.bin points to the file name dont matter what the bootbin is called

could be ilove.sex and it would boot..

The why for the custom bin in DCMC so it dont show up in the file system to launch as a program ..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:56 am

Dont press x or b while the movie plays this is delay and preloading settings for me on debug..

Y is debug framerate timing

This still set to debug for me to see delay and timing

start to exit movie to DCMC

X and B in the future will be rewind and fast forward

right now they are delay + and -

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#15 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:22 pm

To add to the questions regarding VCD playback, there was a Chinese third-party VCD/MP3 player accessory with a remote control and IR receiver that used WinCE libraries for MPEG1- decoding. It plays back VCD-compliant MPEG-1 video at full-speed without any special hardware.

I own this and if somebody is really interested, I can rip the disc to CDI. Just know that functionality is locked without the presence of the wireless receiver in one of the controller ports. Surely this could be circumvented, though.

Also, please note this is not the old "Xing Hong" VCD player software that played video with corruption and at about 10 fps. You can see the version I'm talking about here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmupZBJjVJc
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#16 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:35 pm

ateam wrote:To add to the questions regarding VCD playback, there was a Chinese third-party VCD/MP3 player accessory with a remote control and IR receiver that used WinCE libraries for MPEG1- decoding. It plays back VCD-compliant MPEG-1 video at full-speed without any special hardware.

I own this and if somebody is really interested, I can rip the disc to CDI. Just know that functionality is locked without the presence of the wireless receiver in one of the controller ports. Surely this could be circumvented, though.

Also, please note this is not the old "Xing Hong" VCD player software that played video with corruption and at about 10 fps. You can see the version I'm talking about here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmupZBJjVJc

That's awesome! I'd like a CDI of that, even if I can't find a remote. If the remote only adds controller functions, then it should be possible to edit the file to allow for controls from the DC controller.

It's no replacement for the DCMC though, which has more functionality and can include the film data on the "disc". But it would defo be an interesting piece of software to sample.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#17 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:52 pm

If you want to fix sync and or audio stutter the debug is there X for forward sync B for adding more buffer space..

Press Y for display of the DF deferred rendering + -
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:52 pm

ateam wrote:Here you go:

DreamMovie.cdi
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17WSM9J ... sp=sharing

what is this? Ok yes this is wince devkit sample that has nothing to do with my project but it can be launched from DCMC]
Also mpeg only no menu at all no box art etc really not the point of having this here..

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#20 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:57 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:what is this? Ok yes this is wince devkit sample that has nothing to do with my project but it can be launched from DCMC

I know, but it was related to this message I posted as it relates to a question about VCD playback on the Dreamcast:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13857&p=142873#p142869
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube