RENT-A-HERO No.1 - ENG

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: RENT-A-HERO No.1 - Translation!

Post#121 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:24 pm

I am excited as *censored*! This and Segagaga were my two favorite non-English wish list games. I am looking forward to this.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

CrashMidnick
blackout!

Post#122 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:03 pm

Thanks Vincent, keep up the good work. This will be a pure gem for non Japanese speakers like me !

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#123 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:08 am

Seeing this footage makes me wonder, perhaps rent a hero got build upon the groundwork of that Streets of Rage tech demo, the fighting sequence and animation look very similar...... :O

OriginalName
rebel

Post#124 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Wombat wrote:Seeing this footage makes me wonder, perhaps rent a hero got build upon the groundwork of that Streets of Rage tech demo, the fighting sequence and animation look very similar...... :O

It's actually built on the SpikeOut engine, an arcade 3D brawler series that unfortunately never came to Dreamcast despite all the arcade releases running on Dreamcast-era hardware (Model 3, Naomi). SpikeOut and Streets of Rage were sort of sister franchises in a way, and it wouldn't surprise me if the developers planned to use the SpikeOut engine as the foundation for SOR-DC had it been greenlit.

VincentNL
blackout!

Post#125 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Very happy to announce one of the most demanded features have been finally implemented in game!

It's an open subtitle system for Opening Movie, meaning you'll pretty much be able to change subtitle, timings and of course text colour with those available in game.

A huge thanks to Nanashi for optimizing my function's size and customizability!

If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#126 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 pm

Oh yeah !
what sofware did you use for inject subtitles in SFD files please ?

VincentNL
blackout!

Post#127 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:50 pm

fafadou wrote:Oh yeah !

Movie is rendered real time with a sequence of .nj / .njm , the function written allows to add text subtitles editable with RAH suite text editor.
If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#128 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:16 pm

OriginalName wrote:
Wombat wrote:Seeing this footage makes me wonder, perhaps rent a hero got build upon the groundwork of that Streets of Rage tech demo, the fighting sequence and animation look very similar...... :O

It's actually built on the SpikeOut engine, an arcade 3D brawler series that unfortunately never came to Dreamcast despite all the arcade releases running on Dreamcast-era hardware (Model 3, Naomi). SpikeOut and Streets of Rage were sort of sister franchises in a way, and it wouldn't surprise me if the developers planned to use the SpikeOut engine as the foundation for SOR-DC had it been greenlit.

I read something different. The leader of amusement vision( who runs yakuza studio) ported spike out to dc but felt the machine could not handle to his standards ( this inflated sense of standards seems to be a big issue during the dc era) thus cancelled it. That was later use by a outside compaby( cool net or something) to develop this game on segas behalf.

yzb
Developer

Post#129 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:30 am

VincentNL wrote:
fafadou wrote:Oh yeah !

Movie is rendered real time with a sequence of .nj / .njm , the function written allows to add text subtitles editable with RAH suite text editor.

I am similarly interested in nj nim, where can I get details of the nj njm file please? :mrgreen:

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#130 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:06 am

Here the answer of M. Jackic who's helped me to translate sword of the bersek to spanish for him and french for me :

Convert SFD to MPEG with SFD2MPG, just drag the SFD to the exe and that's it.
Import the mpeg into my video editing software (camtasia in this case but I also worked with virtuadub)
Add the subtitles as needed and export as AVI.
Convert the AVI back to SFD with Sega Dreamcast Movie Creator, this software, unfortunately does not work on windows 10 as far as I know, I had to setup a virtual machine with windows 98 for it to work but it does the trick.

I did the same for grandia 2 french translation, so like @yzb I'm very interested by nj njm method :)

Return to “Modifications”