[v1.2 released] Translation project COMPLETE (Sakura Wars: Columns 2 / Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Guimli
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy star online

Re: [v1.2 released] Translation project COMPLETE (Sakura Wars: Columns 2 / Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2)

Post by Guimli »

Hello
I've been playing the translation of colums today after finishing Sakura taisen 2. I play on pal with RGB cable (scary) and I think that the game plays at 50hz as there is black band on the bottom and upper part of the screen. Do you know if there is a way to force the 60hz?

If not it's ok as I can also play in VGA.

Of course, thank you for the translation!

megavolt85
Developer

Re: [v1.2 released] Translation project COMPLETE (Sakura Wars: Columns 2 / Hanagumi Taisen Columns 2)

Post by megavolt85 »

when connected via VGA you will always have 60Hz; with other cable types, the screen refresh rate depends on the region of your console

ateam
Animated Violence

Post by ateam »

Guimli wrote:Hello
I've been playing the translation of colums today after finishing Sakura taisen 2. I play on pal with RGB cable (scary) and I think that the game plays at 50hz as there is black band on the bottom and upper part of the screen. Do you know if there is a way to force the 60hz?

If not it's ok as I can also play in VGA.

Of course, thank you for the translation!
If I recall correctly, this game doesn't support RGB when played on a PAL console. This is something I started fixing in my later translation patch releases (Nakoruru, Cool Cool Toon), but haven't gone back to revisit older releases.

Stick with VGA.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Guimli
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy star online

Post by Guimli »

Ok,thank you for answering.

I tested VGA today, the image is way crispier. I will play like this.