Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#11 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:21 pm

So theoretically, does this mean one may be able to recreate RE1 in RE2 engine on Dreamcast somewhat? I know without full source code a lot may not be possible, but surely the environments, characters and enemies and other things should be possible right?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 am

Anthony817 wrote:So theoretically, does this mean one may be able to recreate RE1 in RE2 engine on Dreamcast somewhat? I know without full source code a lot may not be possible, but surely the environments, characters and enemies and other things should be possible right?

Yes, it would be possible. Still need to figure out a way to extract and replace background images though.

xaeroxcore
fire

Post#13 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:54 am

AMAZING!!! Can´t wait to try HD Leon on RE 2...Hopefully on the real Dreamcast hardware!! And another quyick question, same could be done with RE 3, Dino Crisis and Code Veronica?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#14 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 am

xaeroxcore wrote:AMAZING!!! Can´t wait to try HD Leon on RE 2...Hopefully on the real Dreamcast hardware!! And another quyick question, same could be done with RE 3, Dino Crisis and Code Veronica?

These mods should all work on a real Dreamcast, but I'll do further testing just to be 100% sure. I haven't looked at the Dino Crisis or Code Veronica files, but RE3 is known to be moddable.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#15 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:44 pm

New video is up, this time showing that character dialogue can be changed/replaced with new audio. There's a before and after, with the first segment showing the original convo between Leon and Marvin, and the 'After' showcasing new lines and rearranged speech. It might seem subtle, but I feel the edited dialogue in the 'After' segment makes for a better scene between the two characters. See if you can hear the differences. :)

Last edited by Green Ranger on Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#16 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:50 am

Don't see yet, but I already love it !

Green Ranger
killer

Post#18 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:11 am

I'm not sure why Capcom chose not to have Leon meet Chief Irons in the game. With some modifications however, I've made it possible for such an interaction to occur.

Chief Irons - Copy.jpg
Last edited by Green Ranger on Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#19 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:09 am

It's something you have add or it's hidden in the game ?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#20 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:29 am

fafadou wrote:It's something you have add or it's hidden in the game ?

Added it to the game myself.