Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

SparkThaMetal
lithium

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#101 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:03 am

Hi, this is really awesome, especially being able to add higher enemy counts to the game. Which is something I've been specifically wanting to do to Code Veronica.

So I was wondering , are similar mods possible for Code Veronica? My idea was a Hard mode version with ideally higher enemy counts, less ammo and health , higher enemy health. new enemy locations etc. Also a nice bonus would be using the CVX translated version, but swapping steves characters model back to the og hairstyle one.

But even just a higher enemy count would be nice. There just isnt enough in this game for me.

Before I look into it, is it even possible?

EDIT: I found this https://github.com/mortician/RDXtool if that helps any?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#102 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:07 pm

I guess it's possible but quite difficult.
The hard mode is present in datas but only in one pvr image.

SparkThaMetal
lithium

Post#103 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:30 pm

fafadou wrote:I guess it's possible but quite difficult.
The hard mode is present in datas but only in one pvr image.

Really , so they did plan on a hard mode in code veronica at some point? Kool to know.
But I actually just meant increasing the difficulty of the normal mode in the dreamast english CVX rather, than create a whole new mode, and make that a ''code veronica x english hard mode'' release. Even just more zombies would kool. Most peoples issues with Cv seem to stem from puzzles and location/routes to take, rather than enemies/combat. So I think it would feel a bit more rounded with a few more.

But yeah i do understand its a hard undertaking as its something you have to balance against ammo counts etc.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#104 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:17 am

New Costumes for Claire, Chris, Steve please. I can't forgive Capcom on the lackluster extras that Code Veronica got when 1, 2 and 3 got many! I understand there's two separate models for each characters but that's not my fault! They had a complete version to add more stuff in besides the cut scenes.

Capcom lets throw in a Wesker Report dvd that's useless on your Dreamcast, yep thanks for five years!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#105 » Mon May 23, 2022 9:16 am

They are not from me but I have some costumes files from cptPauer and yzb for Claire, if you want to try.
But if follow the resident evil 2 mod made by @green ranger I guess you can draw yours ? Or import from an other version ?

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#106 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:23 am

I have got the first CV Hack disc that features the three press button coded costumes. What no one reported on those costumes they reset back to normal Claire like ten minutes in! If I could make a new GDI version off that hack that would be great.

Only if one off those costumes added on permanently. Just one costume change not enough for me to play all over again once I get to Chris yeah. Better yet give out a Lingerie Claire with Sub Machine Guns, I just want more fun mods from the game made honestly.

I looked at Dino Crisis but those files are all DAT file yeah no clue. I can't do RE 2 anyways only got a serial adaptor. Maybe RE 3 I don't know like to give Jill another eight new costumes sure same goes to Carlos just keep things fresh.

I'm not the costume department if I was would've had done lots for Dead or Alive 2 right now like never! So lucky on Dead or Alive 2 mods anyways that's been "easy" to do since am able to rebuild new GDI up.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#107 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:09 pm

RECV(X) :
we know the claire's skin are in system.afs file 10 (11 -> Chris / 12 Steve / 13->Wesker / 14 -> Claire combat mode) :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h55o1bn1 ... .0.7z/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ltahuhfkc ... 1a.7z/file
The third costume is combat mode simply replace file 14 and 10.

end off topic simply enjoy green ranger amazing works, I started a game yesterday oh what a delight !

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#108 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:31 pm

Okay got both downloaded should be a simple import over then. I don't have the plain files to CV at the moment. When I'm fully done with DoA2, Code Veronica modding would be good reality!

Green Ranger
killer

Post#109 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:38 pm

fafadou wrote:RECV(X) :
end off topic simply enjoy green ranger amazing works, I started a game yesterday oh what a delight !

Glad you're liking it fafadou, hope you enjoy it all the way through. There are certain incentives to playing all scenarios, so keep me posted on what you think about the additions and changes I've made throughout the game. :)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#110 » Tue May 24, 2022 3:12 am

I had a jump scare in the bus already ^^