Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#121 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:52 am

Green Ranger wrote:
You do play as Ada in the original game, but in my Mod I've given her a new costume.

Oh that's why ! The glass effect is very nice :)

Green Ranger wrote: As for the handgun parts, I didn't make any changes to that so they should be right where they should be.

So I miss something ^^

Green Ranger wrote:1) All main characters have new outfits. You can access more new costumes when you get the Special Locker Key from Vicker in Claire's game.

There are so nice, I think there were made by capcom !

Green Ranger wrote:2) If your Health is in 'Fine' condition, by tapping away from an enemy you now perform a quick dash manuever which isn't present in the original game.

It's certainly one of the most impressive adds for me, but why did you choose this one instead of a about-turn ? Like we have in resident evil code veronica.

Green Ranger wrote:3) Most of the zombies use new skins/textures, and there's completely new zombies in the game as well.

Like costumes for main character, My sister try the game and thought there were original too !

Green Ranger wrote:4) The zombie dogs have new models & textures.

If I can confess, the texture looks not totally zombie, but the model is clearly fabulous. The dogs are massive.

Green Ranger wrote:5) There are more zombies overall, especially in new places where they weren't in the original game (such as the RPD roof with the burning helicopter and the Operations Room with the red jewel).

I didn't notice that but there are totally legit for sure.

Green Ranger wrote:6) Certain zombies are pretty quick on their feet... but that's all I'm going to say about that. ;)
7) New jump scares (you experienced the first one on the bus).

And there are almost clever, jumping, crawling a lot of jumpscare ^^

Green Ranger wrote:8) Ark Thompson (from Resident Evil: Survivor) is now the game- you can find him and his newly created Diary in the Leon A and B Scenario.
9) Sherry (the little girl) can now use weapons.

Oh I didn't know, I didn't read the readme I'm sorry in order to avoid spoilers, but for testing the game as well as possible, I must know.

Green Ranger wrote:10) You will need to find 'Spare Keys' to access other locked doors in both Leon and Claire's game.

Those I notice most of them.

Green Ranger wrote:11) In the original game there are two types of Lickers. Now, one of them resembles the Hunters from Resident Evil 1.

Oh good ! But Why people don't like the lickers ? ^^

Green Ranger wrote:12) Leon and Claire Scenario B both have extended endings.

Can't wait to see that :D

Green Ranger
killer

Post#122 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:00 pm

fafadou wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:2) If your Health is in 'Fine' condition, by tapping away from an enemy you now perform a quick dash manuever which isn't present in the original game.

It's certainly one of the most impressive adds for me, but why did you choose this one instead of a about-turn ? Like we have in resident evil code veronica.

I saw the manuever in a PC Mod by Komizo, and loved it. I thought it would be a great strategic element for whenever a zombie lounges at you, so I asked him if I could incorporate those animations into some of the characters for my own Mod- he agreed. :)

rocksscotty
lithium

Post#123 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:29 pm

any plans for code veronica or re3 special edition i found a re3 mod out there its pretty cool infinite ammo alternate skins, chracters and you have all items at beginning of the game and it works on cdr on real hardware

Green Ranger
killer

Post#124 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:20 am

rocksscotty wrote:any plans for code veronica or re3 special edition i found a re3 mod out there its pretty cool infinite ammo alternate skins, chracters and you have all items at beginning of the game and it works on cdr on real hardware

No plans at this time to mod those titles- should that change in the future, I'll be sure to inform the Dreamcast Community.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#125 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:17 pm

Here's another cutscene demonstration. While Claire is still able to encounter a zombified Brad Vickers in my Resident Evil 2: Special Edition Mod, what if Leon encounters Brad before he dies instead?

This is just a fun what if scenario I decided to create so as to explain why Brad doesn't appear in Leon's A scenario. Watch till the end of the video to witness Brad's fate. Hope you enjoy it. :)

As always, this runs on both Dreamcast emulators and original Dreamcast hardware.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#126 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:27 am

Oh great !

Xranger60
shadow

Post#127 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:24 pm

Just wondering - has anyone made a patch that just fixes the missing music outside the police station and in the 1F west office?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#128 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:49 pm

Xranger60 wrote:Just wondering - has anyone made a patch that just fixes the missing music outside the police station and in the 1F west office?

Do you mean the exterior to the police station that's seen in Scenario B right after Leon and Claire get off the street? If so, my upcoming update to RE2: Special Edtion restores the music to that location.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#129 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:02 pm

Aware that missing music piece bothered alot people. I still like to see the head falling down from the celling with the Licker. Even the recent FPS mod brought that in, so hoping just hoping that one key scene can be restored again if possible.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#130 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:33 pm

Oh you Can do it, whaouh !