Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MD_Prometh
rebel

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#111 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:21 pm

I recently played the CV X DC fan translation and there was some typos and spelling errors, which is weird since I assumed that they ported the text from the PS2/GC version.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#112 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:05 pm

I continue my game, and everything is very good, I don't remember the original game because I did it more than 20 years ago ^^ It's difficult to compare but the new models are fantastic !

Just a question : I'm playing in french, do you thing I'll miss something you translate only in english ?

When I look to this picture, I don't have met Iron chief :
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14149&start=10#p149192

May he'll appear later ?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#113 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:45 pm

fafadou wrote:I continue my game, and everything is very good, I don't remember the original game because I did it more than 20 years ago ^^ It's difficult to compare but the new models are fantastic !

Just a question : I'm playing in french, do you thing I'll miss something you translate only in english ?

When I look to this picture, I don't have met Iron chief :
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 10#p149192

May he'll appear later ?

You'll miss most of what the Mod has to offer if it's not played in English. The game has two sets of files which correspond to the language selected. I modded the files that correspond with the English portion of the game so while you may still see new costumes for pre-existing characters and enemies if playing in French, you're going to miss out on pretty much everything else.

When playing Leon's 'A' scenario for example, he has to deal with new obstacles before getting to the Police Station. You aren't going to encounter any of that if playing the game in French. Chief Irons is in another location of the game, but you won't encounter him either if you're not playing in English. As a result, I strongly recommend starting the game over in English.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#114 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:43 am

Arg ! Fortunately I ask you before being too far in the game.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#115 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:48 am

fafadou wrote:Arg ! Fortunately I ask you before being too far in the game.

Yes you will miss pretty much most of the content..

Green Ranger
killer

Post#116 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:19 pm

fafadou wrote:Arg ! Fortunately I ask you before being too far in the game.

I'm glad you asked too! Now go back and play it the way it was intended. :D

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#117 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 am

Green Ranger wrote:I'm glad you asked too! Now go back and play it the way it was intended. :D

The game is so difficult ^^ I'm almost out of ammo ^^ so many zombies, in the police station.
And the adds like the little keys for opening doors before the police station are nice we have to fight and no escape zombies. I appreciate especially the hidden key under the crate.

finally I'm happy to had played a little "normally" before this mod :lol:

Green Ranger
killer

Post#118 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Here is a demonstration of a new cutscene. We know gunshop owner Robert Kendo was the only living person Leon and Claire encounter before reaching the Police Station... but what if there was another?

In this scenario, Claire meets someone new right before getting to the Station. What's their story? Watch to find out...

I hope you enjoy this custom cutscene I've created. As with reading other messages throughout the game, you press the action button to advance the conversation. And, as always, this runs on both Dreamcast emulators and genuine Dreamcast hardware.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#119 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:42 pm

Well done again dear @green ranger you can now play with datas like a cigarette with your fingers !

I go on through the game, I just play as Ada, the game is still a delight even if my memories are too far for comparing with the RE2 original version... Else I'm not even sure you play Ada in the original game...

I met the mother of children zombie you have add, I guess. But not yet the zombies.
Something strange, I didn't have find the key for getting the improved gun In the drawer of the small cabinet. But I get it during my first try with the original game quickly ? Maybe it's normal ?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#120 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 pm

fafadou wrote:I go on through the game, I just play as Ada, the game is still a delight even if my memories are too far for comparing with the RE2 original version... Else I'm not even sure you play Ada in the original game...

I met the mother of children zombie you have add, I guess. But not yet the zombies.
Something strange, I didn't have find the key for getting the improved gun In the drawer of the small cabinet. But I get it during my first try with the original game quickly ? Maybe it's normal ?

You do play as Ada in the original game, but in my Mod I've given her a new costume. The children zombies are in the Weapons Storage room, which requires a Card Key for entry. As for the handgun parts, I didn't make any changes to that so they should be right where they should be.

Since it's been a while that you've played the original RE2, I'll list some of the differences in my Mod to look out for-

1) All main characters have new outfits. You can access more new costumes when you get the Special Locker Key from Vicker in Claire's game.

2) If your Health is in 'Fine' condition, by tapping away from an enemy you now perform a quick dash manuever which isn't present in the original game.

3) Most of the zombies use new skins/textures, and there's completely new zombies in the game as well.

4) The zombie dogs have new models & textures.

5) There are more zombies overall, especially in new places where they weren't in the original game (such as the RPD roof with the burning helicopter and the Operations Room with the red jewel).

6) Certain zombies are pretty quick on their feet... but that's all I'm going to say about that. ;)

7) New jump scares (you experienced the first one on the bus).

8) Ark Thompson (from Resident Evil: Survivor) is now the game- you can find him and his newly created Diary in the Leon A and B Scenario.

9) Sherry (the little girl) can now use weapons.

10) You will need to find 'Spare Keys' to access other locked doors in both Leon and Claire's game.

11) In the original game there are two types of Lickers. Now, one of them resembles the Hunters from Resident Evil 1.

12) Leon and Claire Scenario B both have extended endings.