Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#61 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Green Ranger wrote:
Dirge Of Ram wrote:Don't give up your real personal details to YouTube/Google at all. Searched up came across https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/commen ... y_its_you/ as you already done the two step thing looking like another 7 days before you can upload again!

This problem been happening all year! Last year was the bank details just to watch "18 Plus Videos" no no no. I would upload to Internet Archive instead like to watch the teaser!

I looked around for more info on this issue, and yup it's all true- 7 days before verification is complete. Until then, users can't upload videos. This is one of the DUMBEST things YouTube has done in recent memory. Why such a long wait period and why can't they simply give pre-existing Channel Owners an option to verify their identity via code sent to their email?

Since I already gave them 'a' phone number, I'll wait the 7 days to see what happens- then when I'm free to post again, I'll simply remove it. If things continue to be problematic, I may very well move my content from YouTube unto a different site such as the Internet Archive.

Until then, I'll reveal some screenshots from the trailer as well the name of the upcoming mod- RESIDENT EVIL 2: SPECIAL EDITION

RE2 SE Title Screen(1).jpg

Ark - Copy.jpg

Elsa - Copy.jpg

You should move your content over to odysee. Quite a few content creators have moved over to there since YouTube started changing policies and making life harder. The videos are HD and it has good features.

https://odysee.com/

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#62 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:28 am

Always good to see Ark Thompson getting even more bigger exposure finally now. Wherever you decide to upload be clicking on the place to watch. Happy to support your RE2 Special Edition at this Xmas time.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#63 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:53 am

@Green ranger : Do you plan to keep this white and red texture for Claire or do you manage to use the classic one in "HD" like leon ?
I'm seeing Leon in civil clothes, it's an add or a special things when you finish the game and retry it ?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#64 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:54 pm

fafadou wrote:@Green ranger : Do you plan to keep this white and red texture for Claire or do you manage to use the classic one in "HD" like leon ?
I'm seeing Leon in civil clothes, it's an add or a special things when you finish the game and retry it ?

Hi fafadou! Claire's costume in the screenshot is her new default- a tribute to Elza, the prototype of Claire Redfield from Resident Evil 1.5.

BIOHAZARD_1.5_concept_artwork_-_Elza_Walker_with_transparent_background.png

If you'd rather not play in this costume you can still use her new locker costume, which I won't say what it is cause I don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

As for your 2nd question, that's not Leon- it's Ark Thompson, Leon's friend from Resident Evil Survivor. You'll be able to play as him in Extreme Battle Mode.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#65 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:02 pm

YouTube has 'verified' my account a lot sooner than expected. So that means...

THE TEASER TRAILER IS HERE!

(UPDATE 3/17/2022): My new YouTube Channel can be found here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzvJ7 ... XD0n-ItpTg
If you're a subscriber to my old account, please subscribe to my new channel as new content will now be posted there.

Last edited by Green Ranger on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#66 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:58 pm

Green Ranger wrote:
fafadou wrote:@Green ranger : Do you plan to keep this white and red texture for Claire or do you manage to use the classic one in "HD" like leon ?

Hi fafadou! Claire's costume in the screenshot is her new default- a tribute to Elza, the prototype of Claire Redfield from Resident Evil 1.5.

If you'd rather not play in this costume you can still use her new locker costume, which I won't say what it is cause I don't want to spoil the surprise. :)

The problem is not exactly the costume, i didn't know about this 1.5 version and i understand your tribute now :)
The problem are the videos, i guess Claire keep his original clothes... Not a Big deal but the story immersion is less good for me.
But i wait your surprise with pleasure, i want to say, follow simply your feeling about what you want to do.
Impressive content, great trailer, fantastic job :D

Green Ranger
killer

Post#67 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:39 pm

fafadou wrote: The problem is not exactly the costume, i didn't know about this 1.5 version and i understand your tribute now :)
The problem are the videos, i guess Claire keep his original clothes... Not a Big deal but the story immersion is less good for me.
But i wait your surprise with pleasure, i want to say, follow simply your feeling about what you want to do.
Impressive content, great trailer, fantastic job :D

Ah I see what you mean about the FMVs, yeah that can't be avoided I'm afraid. The good news is Claire's Elza costume will appear in all of her in-game cutscenes (unless you choose her Special Locker costume of course), so that should at least help with the story immersion. :)

I'm glad you like the trailer!

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#68 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Dirge Of Ram wrote:The GDI's too Resident Evil 3, Code Veronica/X English, Dino Crisis VGA (OX8C000100), D2 and even Carrier (OX8C000100) can all be played on the SD Card Adaptor with Retrodream 2020.

Just not RE 2 but with this in mind better to make modded gdi's available too. I would like to see new costumes for that Code Veronica X English version and even new cozies for Regina and Jill! Dreamcast needs more.

The FMVs with RESIDENT EVIL 3 , Get laggy , I was working with someone to try doing a different format for FMVs as I would think MPEG is easier for a SD CARD to Read and Run , RE3 and late 90's/Early 00's used a lot of strange formats that do not exist anymore and its not a Suprise they are not read smoothly by today's machines.

gamesreup
killer

Post#69 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:45 am

Green Ranger wrote:YouTube has 'verified' my account a lot sooner than expected. So that means...

THE TEASER TRAILER IS HERE!

Absolutely can't wait for this to drop. The subs are begging for more news on this :)

Thanks for all your work GreenRanger

Stringer_bell
lithium

Post#70 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:44 pm

This just looks so cool, its amazing that this is even possible in the first place.