Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#71 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:01 am

If a During The Storm type game can be achieved on the system certainly should be talked about by everyone.

CORE316
photon blast

Post#72 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:35 am

@Green Ranger

Hey I see you been busy hehe I look forward to ur modded RE2SE Release.

Well I have been looking through the Modding Tools and have pretty much got my Goals for my First Modding attempt at RE2.

*Fix The Music Cues Outside Police Station and West Office.
*Add uncut Licker segment Severed Head.
*Add more Enemies to Rooms.
*Add more Zombie varieties so they dont all look the same in each area.
*Adjust Enemies Health.
*Add more Ammunition and Items.
*Adjust how much Ammunition is worth example 7 Shotgun Shells to 28 etc.

More Enemies and Tougher to Kill but some extra Ammo to handle them , more advanced stuff like Child Zombies and running , climbing Zombies different non stock assets later on.

Just wondering how these can be achieved , I have DC,PC,PS1,GC Versions all ripped and looking at the various assets the scd files I cant make much sense off though.

For RE3 I probably will do the same if I can get my head around things number 1 in mind is extra Dialogue between Dario Rosso PS1 Exclusive.

When you check the container "JUST GET AWAY FROM ME" is missing from DC and GC versions.

Maybe make the Boutique more meaningful since it no longer needed.

I also would like to look at the Saturn Version of RE1 and add the exclusive PC Weapons in and add Uncensored FMVs.

Heres Hoping lol Thanks for the Site info a lot of older sites and links are gone now.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#73 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:13 pm

CORE316 wrote:@Green Ranger

Hey I see you been busy hehe I look forward to ur modded RE2SE Release.

Well I have been looking through the Modding Tools and have pretty much got my Goals for my First Modding attempt at RE2.

*Fix The Music Cues Outside Police Station and West Office.
*Add uncut Licker segment Severed Head.
*Add more Enemies to Rooms.
*Add more Zombie varieties so they dont all look the same in each area.
*Adjust Enemies Health.
*Add more Ammunition and Items.
*Adjust how much Ammunition is worth example 7 Shotgun Shells to 28 etc.

More Enemies and Tougher to Kill but some extra Ammo to handle them , more advanced stuff like Child Zombies and running , climbing Zombies different non stock assets later on.

Just wondering how these can be achieved , I have DC,PC,PS1,GC Versions all ripped and looking at the various assets the scd files I cant make much sense off though.

For RE3 I probably will do the same if I can get my head around things number 1 in mind is extra Dialogue between Dario Rosso PS1 Exclusive.

When you check the container "JUST GET AWAY FROM ME" is missing from DC and GC versions.

Maybe make the Boutique more meaningful since it no longer needed.

I also would like to look at the Saturn Version of RE1 and add the exclusive PC Weapons in and add Uncensored FMVs.

Heres Hoping lol Thanks for the Site info a lot of older sites and links are gone now.

Once I release my mod I intend to write some tutorials on how to edit the game (provided there's enough interest of course). So things should hopefully make more sense by then. :)

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#74 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:53 am

https://twitter.com/ClassicREMods

Aydan Watkins pretty much a monster right now within RE modding world. Sure fact is his delivering on what Capcom will never do for the series today.

user18081971
noob

Post#75 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:26 am

Is there any tutorials on how to do this?

J0shuaKane
shadow

Post#76 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:27 am

Tutorial is here http://re123.bplaced.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=634

Take my kid zombies out of your mod, & anything else of mine you may be using. They are already being released in my upcoming dreamcast mod.

I also suggest that you ask Rusty & the rest of the gang if you can use their stuff.

J0shuaKane
shadow

Post#77 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:50 am

CORE316 wrote:@Green Ranger that Zombie kid mod is cool
Thanks, i spent countless hours modifying them by hex editing to get them to behave properly. Not to mention model & texture editing.

They are included, with sound effects, in my mod The Umbrella Experiments, which is coming out for the dreamcast as well as PC.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#78 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:48 pm

J0shuaKane wrote:Tutorial is here http://re123.bplaced.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=634

Take my kid zombies out of your mod, & anything else of mine you may be using. They are already being released in my upcoming dreamcast mod.

I also suggest that you ask Rusty & the rest of the gang if you can use their stuff.

I see you're making the rounds on Discord, my YouTube channel and now on here. If you don't want me showcasing your work, that won't be an issue. Regarding Rusty and the other PC modders, the content shown in my videos are publicly made available models/skins, released by them for use by anyone. Not only have I credited their work, I continue to credit their work- including yours. As you know, for the Zombie Kids video you were credited and I also promoted your 'Umbrella Experiments' mod from which they can be found. Before releasing my Mod I also planned on reaching out to anyone whose usage of their models/skins outside of their own was unclear.

The purpose of my videos, is to show people what can be done on the Dreamcast port of the game. I did not know that you too were working on a Dreamcast Mod. Accusing me of theft, telling me to "Learn the meaning of hard work & stop hijacking everyone else's" is unwarranted as I have made no attempts to claim such models/skins as my own. Your rant on my Audio Mod video is also distasteful. Take care and good luck with your own Mod.

J0shuaKane
shadow

Post#79 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:31 pm

Distateful? Just because you steal with a nice attitude, & leave a remark about who you stole from, does not excuse your behavior.

Playing like you are a nice, polite individual, becase you think being passive aggresive is better than being blunt, is distasteful.

Learn to mod. Then you wont have to stand on the hard work of others. You will also be expressing yourself, & enhancing your own skills. Saying that is not "unwarranted", its friendly advice.

Since you see me on discord why didnt you ask me? Why be sneaky with it? Had you of asked first, we may have been able to work something out.

Saying you "were going to ask" is ridiculous. You have been working on this for how long? & how much more work would have put in for someone to possibly tell you no?

Thats 1 reason i "made rounds" everywhere. To stop you from putting more work into something you might have to change.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#80 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:46 pm

J0shuaKane wrote:Distateful? Just because you steal with a nice attitude, & leave a remark about who you stole from, does not excuse your behavior.

Like I said, Rusty and others publicly released models/skins for everyone to use. Nothing was stolen.

J0shuaKane wrote:Playing like you are a nice, polite individual, becase you think being passive aggresive is better than being blunt, is distasteful.

There's no playing here, I'm generally a polite person.

J0shuaKane wrote: Learn to mod. Then you wont have to stand on the hard work of others. You will also be expressing yourself, & enhancing your own skills. Saying that is not "unwarranted", its friendly advice.

I'm familiar with modding- extensive Hex/SCD editing has been done to the Dreamcast title. As previously stated, the models/skins which are going to be added were publicly made available by its creators for use by anyone.

J0shuaKane wrote: Since you see me on discord why didnt you ask me? Why be sneaky with it? Had you of asked first, we may have been able to work something out.

I was recently made aware of your comments on Discord. I responded here since I discovered both you and I have accounts on this forum.

J0shuaKane wrote: Saying you "were going to ask" is ridiculous. You have been working on this for how long? & how much more work would have put in for someone to possibly tell you no?

If after approaching a fellow modder they tell me they'd rather not have their content included, it would simply be deleted and I'd figure something else out. It doesn't matter how long I've been working on this.

If you felt using the Zombie kids was theft, as previously stated that was not the intention.