Rune Jade Translation W.I.P.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Rune Jade Translation W.I.P.

Post#21 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:06 pm

fafadou wrote:If you have found the value, mat you can reduce the vwf ?
The result is pretty good, but the space between the letters is too huge.

I don't think that's something I can fix. It's designed for Japanese text which has much larger spaces for each character.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#22 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:53 pm

First off I commend you for taking on this project.
I know you might further resent me for posting this.
I am offering some advice, take of it as you will.
Afterall you have free will.
And I understand what ego is and how it can do more harm than good.

If others offer to help, you should take up their offer..your project will become better for it.
Not only will you learn from it.
You might develop a friendship from it as well.

Keep in mind.
The #1 rule is always credit those who helped you along the way.
Some1 created the software and tools you use.
Some1 created the scripts you use.
Some1 provided tutorials and information for the methods you use.
The only one to ever go at it all alone is God.

Try to understand I am offering you advice, not a passive-aggressive stance.
It is not ad-hominem.
It is the truth.

Good luck on your project and I know you will complete it.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#23 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Appreciate the advice Smith. I will certainly ask for help if needed but this is really just a fun little project for me. I like to challenge myself and learn as I go. So far it's been pretty smooth sailing so really all I need at the moment is time. lol
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#24 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Well I think I've accomplished most of what I wanted to with this translation. The majority of the items, menus, mission titles, spells, spell descriptions, and shopkeeper dialog are translated. I say majority as there's always a possibility I missed some as I haven't played through the entire game yet. As far as character dialog is concerned, only a small percentage has been translated and mostly for the Knight class. The dialog for the first (four?) missions is done. I also translated the first mission dialog for the Mage class as well.

One thing to note is that I reverted the ranks or "A.K.A.'s" as the game calls them back to Japanese. Translating them just wasn't feasible as in English, they're way too long to fit in the small box the game has them in. Four Japanese characters would end up translating to entire sentences in English. lol Even just Japanese words in English text were way too long. In addition, the rank isn't just based on your character's class and level. It takes into account your actions in the game and your equipment to determine the rank, which means there are hundreds and hundreds of possible ranks across all the classes. One could possibly make up new, shorter ranks but that would be a huge undertaking on its own.

This is a far more ambitious project than I initially expected. There are 120 missions in the game and each new mission means new dialog for everyone in the town. In addition, each of the four classes has their own unique dialog so times that by 4. So yeah, I won't be doing that. :lol: As I said before, this was really just a fun project for me, just to learn and see if I could do it. I'm happy with what I accomplished here even though it's not a 100% complete translation. As is though, it's infinitely more playable now than it was before. The untranslated dialog is easy to get past. Basically just talk to all four people in the town and then go to the reception desk to start the mission. Rinse and repeat 120 times. :)

So yeah, I'm basically finished with it but I'll try and fix any issues that anyone might encounter. You're definitely going to still see some Japanese sprinkled around here and there but nothing really that important. Anyway, download link is below. Enjoy! :D

https://www.mediafire.com/file/939wfmju ... n.zip/file

Note: The translation is currently only available as a GDI as I have no idea how to make CDI. If anyone wants to volunteer to make a CDI, feel free.
PSO Characters:

Loloretro
chill

Post#25 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks for you work

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:59 pm

I thought PBA DC-now-detected and IGP are your CDIs pc

Again IGP told me to overburn and I 'fwaid it's risk *halp*!!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#27 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:25 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I thought PBA DC-now-detected and IGP are your CDIs pc

No, I just modified existing ones. That wasn't really practical to do with this for technical reasons.
PSO Characters:

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#28 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:44 am

Just a fast attempt with familly guy's tools pack to build the cdi :
https://mega.nz/file/Jn4FzKDK#MGCkXLew5 ... B_A1jyW35g

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#29 » Wed May 26, 2021 9:07 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:Well I think I've accomplished most of what I wanted to with this translation...

Great work! Was curious though, what method did you use to build your modified GDI? I haven't looked further at it yet, but GDROM Explorer throws this error:

However, I was able to use gditools to extract your GDI, then rebuilt it with buildgdi. Now, GDROM Explorer sees it as valid. For those interested, you can download the GDI here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a6S4zA2CYHnbvQsXtrsUdsb3csoczkg7/view?usp=sharing
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#30 » Wed May 26, 2021 9:36 am

ateam wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Well I think I've accomplished most of what I wanted to with this translation...

Great work! Was curious though, what method did you use to build your modified GDI?

I used the GDI extractor and re-builder tools by FamilyGuy and S4pph4rad.
PSO Characters: