SDL[DREAMHAL]+GLDC OPENGL HARDWARE DEMOS SOURCE CODE RELEASE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: SDL[DREAMHAL]+GLDC OPENGL HARDWARE DEMOS SOURCE CODE RELEASE

Post#12 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:23 am

Wow! So you did another port of Quake to DC haha? Sweet! How many is that now? Like 4 or 5? XD

Makes me wonder if you could do a new version of neo's Nuquake and see how much of a performance boost it could get with this new API version?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: SDL[DREAMHAL]+GLDC OPENGL HARDWARE DEMOS SOURCE CODE RELEASE

Post#13 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:38 am

You should not see any boost over using GLDC straight.. quadmark was with in a mouses breath..

Main thing is allowing proper uptodate opengl like GLDC used with SDL for making porting easier..

This is direct not optimized pc source code.. Pretty sure this bog standard port it's now at 34.7fps with fullsound is the fastest with out tricks software port .. Dont intend to make this like radquake it's just a test of the api i put together :)..

Radquake using pvr block transfer if you run demul you see the gpu side light up that's what takes the load off an how it runs but it also cant be benchmarked any more as the timing for this is messed due to how this is working..

The above new port is direct software today i added some math from dreamHAL thanks to kazade showing me places it would help we got 5fps more..

Again this just like a big demo sample to test the api i put together for kos2.0