[v1.0 released] English translation patch for "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Typing Project Advanced"!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Animated Violence

[v1.0 released] English translation patch for "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Typing Project Advanced"!

Post#1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:49 am

Last edited by ateam on Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

ateam
Animated Violence

Re: [v1.0 released] English translation for "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Typing Project Advanced"!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:33 pm

And of course, a big thank you to The Dreamcast Junkyard for their coverage:

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2021/06/another-dreamcast-evangelion-typing.html
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Re: [v1.0 released] English translation for "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Typing Project Advanced"!

Post#3 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Great job man! Thanks for everything you have been doing.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:09 pm

NeoSnk wrote:Great job man! Thanks for everything you have been doing.

i agree with neo.
you're kicking some serious ass.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#5 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:26 pm

NeoSnk wrote:Great job man! Thanks for everything you have been doing.

SMiTH wrote:i agree with neo.
you're kicking some serious ass.

Thanks for the kind words!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#6 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 pm

Amazing work!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

ecto
noob

Post#7 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:59 am

Hi! Thank you so much for doing that! With now 3 typing games for the Dreamcast, the keyboard has finally enough justificastion!

I have a small problem, though: I have tried to run the game in Redream, but the gdi Verion does not boot (it goes straight into the BIOS screen). The cdi version works just fine. As the cdi version is also very small, this is just fine. I just wanted to let you know.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#8 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:45 pm

ecto wrote:Hi! Thank you so much for doing that! With now 3 typing games for the Dreamcast, the keyboard has finally enough justificastion!

I have a small problem, though: I have tried to run the game in Redream, but the gdi Verion does not boot (it goes straight into the BIOS screen). The cdi version works just fine. As the cdi version is also very small, this is just fine. I just wanted to let you know.

I’m no expert on the various emulators, but look for an option to toggle the HLE BIOS on/off. That should solve the GDI issue.

One thing to note is that, in this case, the CDI is in no way downsampled. Therefore, you’re fine either way!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

ecto
noob

Post#9 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:33 pm

ateam wrote:I’m no expert on the various emulators, but look for an option to toggle the HLE BIOS on/off. That should solve the GDI issue.

One thing to note is that, in this case, the CDI is in no way downsampled. Therefore, you’re fine either way!

Thanks! This indeed solves the booting problem. But since I'd rather keep the Dreamcast logo at startup I'll just use the cdi.

Thanks again!

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#10 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:03 am

Wanted to take a moment to thank the following sites for their coverage! Note that I already linked to the Dreamcast Junkyard article a few posts higher up in this thread.

Otaku Freaks (Spanish language):
https://www.otakufreaks.com/shinseiki-e ... al-ingles/

Silicon Era:
https://www.siliconera.com/evangelion-t ... on-shared/
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube