English-translated Dream Passport browser for translators who want to use it in their games.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Heroine Console

Re: English-translated Dream Passport browser for translators who want to use it in their games.

Post#11 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:24 pm

For the bonus disc I'll be shipping with the Nakoruru English translation patch, I wanted to remove the screensaver feature of the browser. Having the screensaver kick in every ~5 minutes while trying to watch the OVA episode on the disc would be quite distracting.

So, I spent the last few hours patching out the screensaver altogether. Here's the modified version of 1ST_READ.BIN for those who may ever want to use it.

[DC] Dream Passport (English) - 1ST_READ (NO SCREENSAVER).BIN

EDIT:
For those that haven't seen it over in the Nakoruru thread, here's a preview of the bonus disc itself.

EDIT:
See the first post in this thread for the full download of the English version of DreamPassport (https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14611#p151960).
Last edited by ateam on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: English-translated Dream Passport browser for translators who want to use it in their games.

Post#12 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Thank you I know that took a lot of work it be very useful for future projects well done mate :)

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#13 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:57 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Thank you I know that took a lot of work it be very useful for future projects well done mate :)

Thank you for the kind words, Ian!

It took me about five hours to reverse-engineer the 5 screensaver functions in Ghidra, but it was well worth it :D
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#14 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:10 pm

Nice work man! Very cool!

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#15 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:08 am

In an ongoing effort to fully polish the "Nakoruru" patch, I've made two other tweaks to Dream Passport that I think add some good quality-of-life updates for those wanting to use it to ship bonus content.

Firstly, I've got the browser software successfully displaying VMU icons of my choice, whereas previously no VMU icon was implemented.

The 1ST_READ.BIN linked below contains the Nakoruru icon seen in the screenshot above. However, you can customize it to use your own very easily. Simply open your 1536 byte, 8 bit-per-pixel VMU icon in a hex editor, copy its entire contents, and then paste it into 1ST_READ.BIN at offset 0x2A98E4.

The second modification I made really helps with user experience. By default, the following configuration file save/load menu appears when Dream Passport boots.

Loading/saving of such settings is completely irrelevant for our purposes here, and forcing users to navigate to the "EXIT" button at the top-left each time was a little cumbersome. As a result, the initial call to this save/load menu has been replaced with a call to load the main browser window instead.

You can download this modified 1ST_READ.BIN here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IdEmOG9ePFJlXWDhXV3ZLJt96rVE3ThI/view?usp=share_link
Last edited by ateam on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

Enma09
rebel

Post#16 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:14 pm

Hi, it's me Enmanuel, remember when I was working on a CVS2 english translation? So guess what, all my account has been hacked (all after my laptop was stolen a few months ago) and logically I lost all my previous work and the edited textures made by TVIndustries :(

My main mistake was not uploading everything to the cloud, with everything I've learned from you, I was also preparing a translation of JoJos Bizarre Adventure, but that's what I get for being careless...
After hard work and several dollars spent, I was able to recondition myself and I would like to start all over again, but I can't do it alone. I would like to join the discord servers again and explain my situation to everyone (so TVindustries doesn't think I wasted their time :"l so this is my current situation)

Enma09
rebel

Post#17 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:18 pm

Ps: for some reason the responsable submit p04n in my segasaturn forum account O_o (pitito can confirm that)

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#18 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Enma09 wrote:Hi, it's me Enmanuel, remember when I was working on a CVS2 english translation? So guess what, all my account has been hacked (all after my laptop was stolen a few months ago) and logically I lost all my previous work and the edited textures made by TVIndustries :(

Are we talking about the NaomiMods Discord? If so, what was your username there? All I can do is pass on the information.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

Enma09
rebel

Post#19 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:13 pm

ateam wrote:
Enma09 wrote:Hi, it's me Enmanuel, remember when I was working on a CVS2 english translation? So guess what, all my account has been hacked (all after my laptop was stolen a few months ago) and logically I lost all my previous work and the edited textures made by TVIndustries :(

Are we talking about the NaomiMods Discord? If so, what was your username there? All I can do is pass on the information.

My username was enma09art, I have a new account with this same username now...