4XM KATANA SDK DVD QUALITY PLAY BACK ON DREAMCAST F9 TRAILER Incomparable video quality DVD quality

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: 4XM KATANA SDK DVD QUALITY PLAY BACK ON DREAMCAST F9 TRAILER Incomparable video quality DVD quality

Post#11 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 pm

encoding is very long 5 6 hours if you want the best you have to wait this not the same bin found on disks i built this version from src with katana r11b

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: 4XM KATANA SDK DVD QUALITY PLAY BACK ON DREAMCAST F9 TRAILER Incomparable video quality DVD quality

Post#12 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Ok 5-6 h is a long time haha. Still worth it imho if we can do almost dvd quality playback images to play. I'm in to encode some of the big time classics Ian if we can use this together with something that has a nice UI . Like Dcmc .

Or a "simple" first presentation screen with with 2 options would be enough,

- play
- quit (reset DC)

And a placeholder BG (that ppl without skills can change like BG in Dcmc) for coverart and a small box for short info and maybe a IMDb score and release year etc , much like mrneo240 openmenu.

Sorry , I'm just dreaming here :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:encoding is very long 5 6 hours if you want the best you have to wait this not the same bin found on disks i built this version from src with katana r11b

When you say it takes 5/6 hours to encode, is that a limitation of the encoder or is that based on your current hardware speed? My PC has been built specifically to tackle film/digital video at any standard, so I'm just curious if that render time could be reduced depending on hardware.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:50 pm

FlorreW wrote:Ok 5-6 h is a long time haha. Still worth it imho if we can do almost dvd quality playback images to play. I'm in to encode some of the big time classics Ian if we can use this together with something that has a nice UI . Like Dcmc .

Or a "simple" first presentation screen with with 2 options would be enough,

- play
- quit (reset DC)

And a placeholder BG (that ppl without skills can change like BG in Dcmc) for coverart and a small box for short info and maybe a IMDb score and release year etc , much like mrneo240 openmenu.

Sorry , I'm just dreaming here :)

THis possible yes space would have to be 2gb gdemu image but it's not alomt dvd qualty it is :) as the docs say sync is perfect when played on a tv not my china capture lol

This is official kit so it's not legal for me to release it

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Roareye wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:encoding is very long 5 6 hours if you want the best you have to wait this not the same bin found on disks i built this version from src with katana r11b

When you say it takes 5/6 hours to encode, is that a limitation of the encoder or is that based on your current hardware speed? My PC has been built specifically to tackle film/digital video at any standard, so I'm just curious if that render time could be reduced depending on hardware.

It's the encoder not hardware.. it could for full movie be a lot longer then 5/6 hours

It wouldbe interesting to see what your pc could do..

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#16 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:This is official kit so it's not legal for me to release it

Do it , hand it to me and I will release it ;)

Joking aside, does anyone really care now ? I mean it's 20+ years old software that's not being used otherwise.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#17 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:07 am

^^^Seriously^^^
Please? This looks
awesome Ian!

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#18 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:08 am

It would be awful if this leaked online - let's all keep our fingers crossed such a terrible thing doesn't happen.