HAPPYBIRTH day dreamcast release Dissolution of Eternity With cdda Radquake gold 5.1

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Alexislight
minority

Re: HAPPYBIRTH day dreamcast release Dissolution of Eternity With cdda Radquake gold 5.1

Post#21 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 pm

burned ok with discjuggler
mode2, 2352, CD-DA, RAW Write.
with cd-xa not work for me.

My first impression is very positive, good graphics and better music! only thing that I feel weird is the input lag in control, doing it very hard to play. i'll be waiting for updates! thanks ian and hbday sega dreamcast!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: HAPPYBIRTH day dreamcast release Dissolution of Eternity With cdda Radquake gold 5.1

Post#22 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:45 am

Alexislight wrote:burned ok with discjuggler

My first impression is very positive, good graphics and better music! only thing that I feel weird is the input lag in control, doing it very hard to play. i'll be waiting for updates! thanks ian and hbday sega dreamcast!

I only use img burn to burn this

Only how that happens is with the offical rumble pack try it with no vmu or rumble pack try again if that fixes it for you that is the problem and it's a know problem

This is known problem with kos it effects doomdc as well

I always did this with the madcatz rumble pack which has no effect on input or framerate the official rumble pak is known to cause problems in many ports including DCDOOM

Example review where it's said how perfect the controls is here where AL talks about how good the controls are..

the engine is 100% the same as above as you can see no lag there with input please check for me again with no vmu or rumble pack in

I use NTSC dreamcast with VGA

You can go in the menu in video and change to 50 or 60 if your not using vga

Alexislight
minority

Post#23 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:40 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:

Only how that happens is with the offical rumble pack try it with no vmu or rumble pack try again if that fixes it for you that is the problem and it's a know problem

I always did this with the madcatz rumble pack which has no effect on input or framerate the official rumble pak is known to cause problems in many ports including DCDOOM

Example review where it's said how perfect the controls is here where AL talks about how good the controls are..

the engine is 100% the same as above as you can see no lag there with input please check for me again with no vmu or rumble pack in

hello ian! ok, I was able to testing, dcQuake evolution, radquake 4.9 (320x240 no cdda and 640x480 no cdda) and DofE,all without rumble-vmu, in the first two (evo y 4.9) the control are more responsive...first place for dcQuake (very good response) and second place for radquake 4.9 in 640x480 mode (in 320x240 is very fast to me like for aiming), but in DofE i press, for example, analogue stick to the right and it have half second laggie.
I can try whit other Quake's if you wished it...
My english is not good, i wish you understandme

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:49 pm

Alexislight wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

DCquake cant ran this mod it's also offical dev kit leak not homebrew

Go into settings and change the analog speed or dead zone

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13687&hilit=radquake

hello ian! ok, I was able to testing, dcQuake evolution, radquake 4.9 (320x240 no cdda and 640x480 no cdda) and DofE,all without rumble-vmu, in the first two (evo y 4.9) the control are more responsive...first place for dcQuake (very good response) and second place for radquake 4.9 in 640x480 mode (in 320x240 is very fast to me like for aiming), but in DofE i press, for example, analogue stick to the right and it have half second laggie.
I can try whit other Quake's if you wished it...
My english is not good, i wish you understandme

You can go into controls make analog fast or slow i have it set to what i like :) I can show how to do that if you want no worries :)
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13687&hilit=radquake

Dcquake is not homebrew it's leaked wince dev kit port so cant really compare it with kos homebrew it also cant run this mod It's not legal to use or mod

5.0 only

I dont get any lag like your talking about using this not half a sec when turning right at all you can change analog speed and dead zone to your liking it also has much more features then dc quake if you check the menus out there not just pc quake menus there is many many options

Alexislight
minority

Post#25 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:19 am

5.0 gold run very well! maybe it was because i'm not familiar with the control...is matter of time, anyway i feel DofE not so smooth...
I'll be playing...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#26 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:24 am

Alexislight wrote:5.0 gold run very well! maybe it was because i'm not familiar with the control...is matter of time, anyway i feel DofE not so smooth...
I'll be playing...

It's bit more heavy of a game uses a lot more memory then quake 1 it's the same engine as radquake 5.0 I will looking into it for you this was the birthday release :)

I wanted to get it out for that.. No worries

best played with mouse and keyboard analog is mouse controls btw

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:24 am

Alexislight wrote:5.0 gold run very well! maybe it was because i'm not familiar with the control...is matter of time, anyway i feel DofE not so smooth...
I'll be playing...

Change to
bandicam 2021-09-12 08-21-39-717.jpg

can change sensitivity and deadzone to suit you i have it suiting me you can then save settings and have them auto boot it saves config settings to the vmu