Marvel VS. Capcom 2 TheWhiteDevil27 Mix

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Re: Marvel VS. Capcom 2 TheWhiteDevil27 Mix

Post#11 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:here is every thing you need

You’re going to need to install an audio program called “Goldwave”. This program makes it easy to obtain sample numbers (needed for looping) and other useful things, as well as having support for most audio codecs.

To get the sample numbers, click “Set” in Goldwave and click on “sample-based”. The blue handles you can drag on audio files in this program will set the loop points.

If saving the audio as a .wav and putting it into the converter shows the sample number “36”, you need to save the file as an Apple .aiff. This is essentially the same as a PCM Wav file.

ADX files tend to be a but quieter than the original volume, so be careful of how quiet your file is. ADXs are around 3 dB (lower than) quieter than normal sound files.

4.2 Loop Settings
In ADX format, setting loops at any sampling points is possible.
Select an encode file to set loops, and either double click or click the loop setting button. Then a loop setting window like below is displayed:
image031.jpg

Fig. 4.2 Loop Setting Window
The following explains about each radio button functions:
(1) None:
Sets to No loop settings.
(2) Looping All:
Sets to loop the entire file.
(3) Setting of Loop Points by Sample :
Sets the beginning and the end of loop sample points.
Playback range starts from the beginning sample point and ends at the last sample point before the end sample point.
To illustrate, a loop setting for 10 through 1000 samples in the Voice48a.aif file is done.

It will be shown like the following:
image033.jpg

more steps then you think but this works perfect if you read all the docs info included with this

Use loop all in the setting if you dont want to do it manual

Thank you for the information but when I tried it, the audio files still didn't loop.
Last edited by TheWhiteDevil27 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:13 pm

I'm just a dev not a game hacker sure some one knows more about that

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#13 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:46 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I'm just a dev not a game hacker sure some one knows more about that

However, when I used your advice, the audio files still didn't loop. Why are my audio files still not looping?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:07 pm

did you use goldwave did you set the sample loop points did you then get those and use the encoder to set them when encoding etc did you take the OG files examine the loop points play it in the provide encoder play and see if they loop correct you need to read and do it correct they do loop i can do a selfboot with looping adx with this .. Sorry i cant do it for you.. player encoder will act the same as the game when you test loop points

these are the tools needed and it can be done

many custom versions with looping music out there..

have to set the loop points vs the samples

I'm not a game hacker C coder and dreamcast dev

Same tools where used to make the looping music in the games in the first place..

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#15 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:21 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:did you use goldwave did you set the sample loop points did you then get those and use the encoder to set them when encoding etc did you take the OG files examine the loop points play it in the provide encoder play and see if they loop correct you need to read and do it correct they do loop i can do a selfboot with looping adx with this .. Sorry i cant do it for you.. player encoder will act the same as the game when you test loop points

Same tools where used to make the looping music in the games in the first place..

I just can't loop the audio files. I feel like I want to give up. It's just too difficult for me. I also feel like you didn't give me enough info to how to make my audio files loop. :oops: :evil: :cry:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:26 pm

TheWhiteDevil27 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:did you use goldwave did you set the sample loop points did you then get those and use the encoder to set them when encoding etc did you take the OG files examine the loop points play it in the provide encoder play and see if they loop correct you need to read and do it correct they do loop i can do a selfboot with looping adx with this .. Sorry i cant do it for you.. player encoder will act the same as the game when you test loop points

I just can't loop the audio files. I feel like I want to give up. It's just too difficult for me. I also feel like you didn't give me enough info to how to make my audio files loop. :oops: :evil: :cry:

because in the program in the help about it has all the info

adxloop1.png

How to use goldwav and set sample points is in that program

never claimed to be a teacher provided the tools research on how to use each program is for you to learn ..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#17 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:36 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
TheWhiteDevil27 wrote:

because in the program in the help about it has all the info

adxloop1.png

How to use goldwav and set sample points is in that program

never claimed to be a teacher provided the tools research on how to use each program is for you to learn ..

I did everything you said and the files still didn't loop. What I am I doing wrong?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:38 pm

test encoded file in the player
adxloopplayer.png

very easy really can check if the adx loops
once you set the loop point or encode with loop all
Use the included playing to check looping

help is like all windows programs since windows 95
adxloop1help.png

I dont know what your doing wrong

included working sample loop that works

Some games the loop points must match the music your taking out why i said look at the music your taking out load it in the included player get the info and match it..

Sorry not going into how to do this or that it's not my field there are better people that hack game i code homebrew that runs native on the dreamcast not hack games..

I was only providing you with the tools to do so..

How to use programs and such if it's too hard maybe you should not be doing it .. Nothing is easy on dreamcast
Attachments
sampleloop.rar
(5.61 MiB) Downloaded 163 times

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#19 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:46 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:test encoded file in the player
adxloopplayer.png

adxloop1help.png

Some games the loop points must match the music your taking out why i said loop at the music your taking out load it in the included player get the info and match it..

Sorry not going into how to do this or that it's not my field there are better people that hack game i code homebrew that runs native on the dreamcast not hack games..

My adx files loop in the ADX player but in the game they don't loop. Why is it happening?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:50 pm

TheWhiteDevil27 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:test encoded file in the player
adxloopplayer.png

adxloop1help.png

Some games the loop points must match the music your taking out why i said loop at the music your taking out load it in the included player get the info and match it..

My adx files loop in the ADX player but in the game they don't loop. Why is it happening?

Game must have exact size loop points or length of music ..

The song you replace load in the player see the size and time you might have to match it ..??

I dont know why each game is not the same find a another version of the game where it's hacked and loops and examine the music files ..

This is your project not mine