[request] Remove checks for DreamMovie VCD player?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: [request] Remove checks for DreamMovie VCD player?

Post#81 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:22 pm

SMiTH wrote:I just looked at the dream movie files and I think when I was referring in the first post to it having all of these files from the sdk that it was actually xing hong that has a bunch of unnecessary files from sdk. (including dream photo)

you only see what the developers of DreamMovie have allowed to see :)

SMiTH wrote:It looks like dream movie might be using the same win ce video player that 4x4 evo uses as well.
*thanks to ian for info about gyplay using this wince video player

the real executable file is hidden, the funny thing is that it is writed on the KATANA SDK, and all the WINCE files are for a diversion :lol:

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#82 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:41 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
SMiTH wrote:I just looked at the dream movie files and I think when I was referring in the first post to it having all of these files from the sdk that it was actually xing hong that has a bunch of unnecessary files from sdk. (including dream photo)

you only see what the developers of DreamMovie have allowed to see :)

SMiTH wrote:It looks like dream movie might be using the same win ce video player that 4x4 evo uses as well.
*thanks to ian for info about gyplay using this wince video player

the real executable file is hidden, the funny thing is that it is writed on the KATANA SDK, and all the WINCE files are for a diversion :lol:

This guy really wanted his app protected! :o
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#84 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:25 am

this is getting interesting..

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#85 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:21 am

:?: @megavolt85, Can your Maple adapter be made into the I/R receiver? It would be a good semester project for a college engineering student.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

alexfree
fire

Post#86 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 pm

If you don’t mind the fact that you can’t pause, I’d really really recommend just doing SFD Player. You can play video at VCD quality or at over 3x the standard VCD bitrate. It’s the only worthwhile way IMO to watch any video on a Dreamcast.

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14382

(Tutorial can use modern Windows or Wine).

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#87 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm

alexfree wrote:If you don’t mind the fact that you can’t pause, I’d really really recommend just doing SFD Player. You can play video at VCD quality or at over 3x the standard VCD bitrate. It’s the only worthwhile way IMO to watch any video on a Dreamcast.

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14382

(Tutorial can use modern Windows or Wine).

I read your article a few days ago and thought it was excellent. I wish more people would publish their findings in such a well written way. In this case, however, the OP has a stack of commercial VCD's that he just wants to play without doing any converting or CDR burning. :)
- Charles Bukowski

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#88 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 am

megavolt85 wrote:the real executable file is hidden, the funny thing is that it is writed on the KATANA SDK, and all the WINCE files are for a diversion :lol:

Thanks for looking into this! Does that mean it's not possible to remove the checks?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#89 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 am

https://dcemulation.org/index.php?title=DC_Movie_Player suppports VCD with out converting
It's old and has water mark.. Course all VCD players are useless for gdemu user

megavolt85
Developer

Post#90 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:59 pm

dave_van_damn wrote:Thanks for looking into this! Does that mean it's not possible to remove the checks?

nothing is impossible, I just don't have much free time to do it right now