Would it be easier to translate the Japanese release of Blue Stinger to english? Or bring over the "fixed" camera angle?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DreamcastHub
shadow

Would it be easier to translate the Japanese release of Blue Stinger to english? Or bring over the "fixed" camera angle?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:43 am

Like I literally JUST found out how different the Japanese release for blue stinger was... the fixed camera angles look AMAZING! Also, the camera angle in my playthrough of Blue Stinger is ALWAYS looking down I'm over here tappin L just to see what's right in front of me. I would also say its likely the enemy placement is the same from the Japanese to US release so it would make sense to me this enemy placement was meant for the fixed camera angles they were originally planned out for. Now the question is, would it be easier, (or even doable) to translate the Japanese version given we actually have a road map of what all the english has been translated to. Obviously it likely would just be as simple as copy paste, I know that. But the other option (if it actually IS an option) is find the setting that makes the fixed camera active, like it may even be the case that both systems are on the game, but that's what diggin when you know what your doing would reveal. Or like replacing all of the programming for the camera from Jap to US. Just my thoughts when I was incredibly surprised the Japanese release was never translated.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Would it be easier to translate the Japanese release of Blue Stinger to english? Or bring over the "fixed" camera an

Post#2 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:37 pm

@Pitito did a translation in spanish from french release.
But not sûre which one is easier.

Lew3030
rebel

Re: Would it be easier to translate the Japanese release of Blue Stinger to english? Or bring over the "fixed" camera an

Post#3 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:58 pm

The NTSC-J Blue Stinger still has English in it even though it’s from Japan.

Lew3030
rebel

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:05 pm

The NTSC-J Blue Stinger still has English in it even though it’s from Japan. That in itself is a great discovery so why take the Japanese out? And about changing the camera angles on the original one when you could play the NTSC-J version, well maybe if your Dreamcast can’t play other regions but I use an emulator like flycast.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:00 pm

I did not know this either until seeing your post. I'm adding that tonight.

kuabara85
shadow

Post#6 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:23 pm

The Japanese version unlike the PAL and US version has English subtitles el audio. I wanted to translate the subtitles into Italian, but among the various game files I can't find them, have you had a chance to get your hands on them yet?