[Translation] Samba de Amigo ver. 2000

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

streeker
fragger

[Translation] Samba de Amigo ver. 2000

Post#1 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:45 am

This has just been announced on ROMhacking.net. Files and further details can be found on GitHub:
https://github.com/dukeblooders/SambaDeAmigo2000English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYIlFHXL88&feature=youtu.be

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: [Translation] Samba de Amigo ver. 2000

Post#2 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:01 am

Wasn't this also made for NTSC-U? Pardon me the maracas never interest me

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#3 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:25 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Wasn't this also made for NTSC-U? Pardon me the maracas never interest me

From Wikipedia:

Code: Select all

Samba de Amigo: Ver. 2000, was released in Japan for the arcades and the Dreamcast. It is an upgraded version, and it contains 14 new songs, as well as six new downloadable songs for the home version. Whereas in the original game, there were only three songs to choose in each stage, this version allows the player to choose several. "Love Love/Couples" Mode, originally available only in the home version of Samba de Amigo, is included in the arcade version of Ver. 2000. A new character named Amiga joins the cast. She is Amigo's sister, and wields a tambourine. In the home version, a new volleyball game replaces the original minigames. Survival mode was also added, where the player must finish as many songs in a row as they can. In addition, the Challenge mode has new goals, as well as five new secret stages that are quite difficult.

The most significant addition to Ver. 2000 is the new "Hustle Mode". In this mode, the player must still follow the dots and shake the maracas in the appropriate location, but this is done a lot less often. Instead, Pose appears frequently, and in addition to making the player do static poses, he will be shaking his maracas in certain patterns that the player must mimic. These patterns include either shaking one or both maracas back and forth between two of the six positions, doing a full 360° rotation starting from one position, and looping all the way back around,. All the songs in the game, including the ones previously found in the first version, have both Original and Hustle Mode patterns.

Samba de Amigo Ver. 2000 was announced for North American release, under the name Samba de Amigo Ver. 2001, but it was among the games that were canceled when Sega discontinued support for their console.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:45 pm

Oh I read under Release dates column wrong!

Jus got YZB's v2000 CDI, does that work

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#5 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:39 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Jus got YZB's v2000 CDI, does that work

Work for what, applying the patch? If that's your question, the answer is "no". This is a DCP (my Universal Dreamcast Patcher) designed to target TOSEC GDIs and Redump-style CUE/BIN. I took a quick look and to make a CDI would require downsampling a bunch of files.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:31 pm