Attempting Sakura Wars Dreamcast Translation

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Heroine Console

Re: Attempting Sakura Wars Dreamcast Translation

Post#11 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:35 am

Check the documentation I previously linked. You'll need assembly modifications to make this possible.

https://github.com/TheOpponent/st3-tran ... notes/wiki
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

joshthegamer
rebel

Post#12 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:30 am

ateam wrote:Check the documentation I previously linked. You'll need assembly modifications to make this possible.

https://github.com/TheOpponent/st3-tran ... notes/wiki
Thanks for the links. I am slowly trying to figure this all out, and I appreciate the help.

wakabayashy
shadow

Post#13 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:21 am

good luck !!! and thaks

joshthegamer
rebel

Post#14 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:51 pm

Found the values to make the text smaller. Still have to find what writes it to those locations, but at least it is progress. EBX registries from break on write isn't giving me anything usable, so I will have to find another way to locate it.
smaller text.png

MD_Prometh
rebel

Post#15 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:49 am

This looks very cool. Any plans to implement faster text speed? I found the Saturn version's text speed too slow, primarily during voiced scenes where the voiced line would finish before the subtitle finishes. The SW3 DC translation project will be implementing faster text which is quite useful.

joshthegamer
rebel

Post#16 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:38 pm

MD_Prometh wrote:This looks very cool. Any plans to implement faster text speed? I found the Saturn version's text speed too slow, primarily during voiced scenes where the voiced line would finish before the subtitle finishes. The SW3 DC translation project will be implementing faster text which is quite useful.

It is not a priority. If I find a way to do that, I will, but really want to get everything else working first

wakabayashy
shadow

Post#17 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:31 pm

hey, what's up with these project? I hope you don't have give up

kozi801
noob

Post#18 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:05 pm

I am glad someone is porting the saturn sakura wars 1 translation to the dreamcast. unfortunately I dont play Saturn much. I hope you can succeed in this project. I can't wait for sakura wars 3 on dreamcast as well.

joshthegamer
rebel

Post#19 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:03 pm

wakabayashy wrote:hey, what's up with these project? I hope you don't have give up
Hey. Thanks for your interest. I have meant to get back to this, but I built my first PC recently and switched to Linux from windows. I have to figure out if I can get the tools needed on my new computer. I also got into Zelda totk recently, so this project has just been on hold.

wakabayashy
shadow

Post#20 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:15 pm

keep up the good work!