RECV custom player models (for Aldo remors)

cbnj
stalker

RECV custom player models (for Aldo remors)

Post by cbnj »

This is a guide for aldo remors about how to inject custom player models in cv, this is not a final guide release as i keep working out the process to make it enough simple for every user, even tough if you are not aldo remors and read this guide, be sure it will serve you a lot to get used whit the majority of the process we will handle :)

(my programs are already preconfigured, and include all needed plugins or files we will need, up to the user to decide to get the standard releases as i wont explain how to configure them, this include max 2.5, hxd and any other softwate i add along this guide)

PD: Please dont make quotes or comments along this posts untill i write the guide is finished ^^ you can make pms tough ;)
Last edited by cbnj on Sat May 25, 2024 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbnj
stalker

Re: RECV custom player models (for Aldo remors)

Post by cbnj »

Last edited by cbnj on Thu May 23, 2024 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Step 3: Install 3dsMax 2.5 and the original .max files.

After extract the compressed file you Will get a folder named 3DSMAX 2.5, you can place this folder anywhere you want as long you have enough permissions to write in such location.

Inside the folder 3dsmax 2.5 you Will find a bunch of files and folders, find 3dsmax.ini and plugins.ini open them whit notepad and redirect all the paths you find in there to address the new path locación your 3dsmax 2.5 is found (if you dont do this or setup the paths incorrectly you will get bunch of error messages about max being unable to load the base and plugin files, just fix the paths and max 2.5 will open nicely).

Install ORIGINALS

After extract the ORIGINALS. 7z content you willl get 3 .max files named PL00.max, PL01.max and PL04.max, this files go inside your "3dsmax 2.5 /scenes" folder (More PLxx.max files Will be added in future).
Last edited by cbnj on Sat May 25, 2024 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Step 4: create your model

Launch 3dsmax.exe located inside 3dsmax 2.5 folder and load up PL00.max (claire) or PL01.max (chris) - > i loaded PL00 as example

This model is already correctly positioned and you can use it to build yours around it, (i recomend to do it very low poly, even just boxes to ease the understanding of processes to come, later on when you get used to it, you can aim for higher poly models).

You can freeze claire model so it becomes unselectable and you can freely build not affecting the claire model.
Attachments
0.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Thu May 23, 2024 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Your model should be mesh, made of segments whit the folowing layout:
Pelvis, torso, neck, head, arms, forearms, thigs, legs, feet.
Attachments
1.jpg

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Once the model is ready, delete claire model, as we wont need it anymore. This will leave us whit only our created model in scene
Attachments
2.jpg

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Adjust every body part pivot so the limbs rotate acordingly in place, pelvis and torso share the same pivot location in the área where both segments join.
(Dont forget to aling the pivots to the scene world in case you made múltiple rotations to the body part)
Attachments
3.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Mon May 27, 2024 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Weld vertex (in case you imported a .3ds uv mapped file you made in other software), add smooth modifier, apply reset xform to whole body and colapse every body part to mesh to save up the changes made by reset xform
Attachments
4.jpg
5.jpg
Last edited by cbnj on Thu May 23, 2024 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Add a material to the entire body whit the following settings (i wont cover multi sub object materials or múltiple materials just yet to keep it simple, after you can handle how to inject the models whit one material/texture we can jump to that).

Material: blinn
Anbient/Diffuse: RGB 178,178,178, everything else remains default.
Attachments
6.jpg

cbnj
stalker

Post by cbnj »

Add a texture map to the material and uv map your model on it, the texture should be 256x256 pixels no alpha in .bmp or .tga format 24 bits depth (again i wont cover how ho handle diferent resolutions because that require quite some hex editing to achieve and explain that will make this guide more complex, we can move into that later) and colapse it again to save changes.
Attachments
7.jpg