Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#91 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:33 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:its nice my guide is helping you guys 8-)

your the best dan!

paddyboy
undertow

Post#92 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:33 pm

well i can compile like a beast now but useless as cant mod audio in msr without it breaking it,kind of pointless and a bit of a waste of time learning how to compile using tools just for 1 build of msr only to find that i can't do anything with it,i tried swapping other tracks within the game with close file sizes,tried smaller music files,tried making my own and keeping them small,tried different frequencies and mono too,as soon as i do anything with the music files it's broke on recompile.

tried every and anything i can think of,have scoured google and plenty of forum posts,have found tutorials for other games audio like shenmue and marvel vs capcom and crazy taxi and tokyo extreme racer

:(

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#93 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:35 pm

:(

I'm not sure. I do now that MSR was filled with prots from developers, maybe that's the issue.

ToastinButtered
noob

Post#94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:50 am

I scrolled through all these posts and I’m still confused. I followed DR TEAMCAST’s tutorial but I can’t get past the last step because bin2boot.exe doesn’t work on my Windows 10...

mrneo240 wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:My fixed.iso header.iso two TData BIN and TDisc CUE I will revisit sometime and comb through these last pages to get er burnable again

Tools:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 60#p104991

Mount the image and then just copy the files to a folder called data and run exactly the commands as shown.

Here's pictures:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 50#p104938

So uh, your tutorial is an alternative for bin2boot? Sorry for being noob but tryina to do this for Sonic Adventure (USA).cdi (US 1.0 with the static title screen) and nothing to do with audio. LBA is 11700. Can someone make a video tutorial from start to end, and then test it on nulldc please? I have every tool that was mentioned here btw, I’m just so confused because I feel like I am so, but bin2boot is preventing me from finishing… Thanks.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#95 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:04 am

Some of the old DC tools are 16-bit applications, which means you must have a 32-bit copy of Windows to run them. Keeping a Windows XP (virtual) machine is useful for such purposes. I think FamilyGuy may have made a modern alternative to bin2boot, though.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#96 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:35 pm

ToastinButtered wrote:I scrolled through all these posts and I’m still confused. I followed DR TEAMCAST’s tutorial but I can’t get past the last step because bin2boot.exe doesn’t work on my Windows 10...

mrneo240 wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:My fixed.iso header.iso two TData BIN and TDisc CUE I will revisit sometime and comb through these last pages to get er burnable again

Tools:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8045&start=60#p104991

Mount the image and then just copy the files to a folder called data and run exactly the commands as shown.

Here's pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8045&start=50#p104938

So uh, your tutorial is an alternative for bin2boot? Sorry for being noob but tryina to do this for Sonic Adventure (USA).cdi (US 1.0 with the static title screen) and nothing to do with audio. LBA is 11700. Can someone make a video tutorial from start to end, and then test it on nulldc please? I have every tool that was mentioned here btw, I’m just so confused because I feel like I am so, but bin2boot is preventing me from finishing… Thanks.

Don't use bin2boot.

That is a tutorial but parts of it are custom made to specifically repack that release of MSR.

I think earlier in this thread there is a general tutorial I posted.

So you are wanting to repack Sonic adventure 1.0? What's the reason behind it?

If you're still here I can write something up

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#97 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Some of the old DC tools are 16-bit applications, which means you must have a 32-bit copy of Windows to run them. Keeping a Windows XP (virtual) machine is useful for such purposes. I think FamilyGuy may have made a modern alternative to bin2boot, though.

True but not nessecarily needed.

Currently all of the NeoDC releases are made on Windows 10 64bit. Occasionally for special cases we will use Windows XP for Dreamcast development but that is entirely separate of making releases.

Jaker3
noob

Post#98 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 am

Hey mrneo240,

I see you offered to write an updated tutorial for repacking. Would you be able to write something geared towards a windows 10 PC and repacking NFL Blitz 2000? I run a fan forum called NFLBlitzFans.com where we update the roster for these games. Currently I have working updates for the N64... I have been getting requests from users for a updated dreamcast patch (which my tooling can do, if I can figure out repacking :\ ).

Thanks!
Jake

pheonixs
noob

Post#99 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:50 am

hi!
Anybody may help me with recompiling Blue Submarine N6 time and tide? Then I unpack cdi to iso 2 music file and iso generated. Then I compile file to cdi, demul unable to boot it.

Session 1 has 2 track(s)
Creating cuesheet...
Saving Track: 1 Type: Audio/2352 Size: 450 LBA: 0
Saving Track: 2 Type: Audio/2352 Size: 33150 LBA: 600

Session 2 has 1 track(s)
Saving Track: 3 Type: Mode2/2336 Size: 285014 LBA: 45000 [ISO]

I Did it! ))

mkisofs -C 600,45000 -V MODDED_CDI -sort output.txt -l -o new.iso D:\SHAREDVM\GAME\

PS: Maybee somebody knows what the filetype SCB?

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#100 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:53 pm

CDDA is a whole different beast AFAIK

you need a CDDA guide from here, all the info you could ever need for CDIs is here https://pastebin.com/u/atreyu187
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net