New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Post#101 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm

FlorreW wrote:Awsome news, lets see if i can get an answer here about the simple yes or no question this time:

Cora/Isotope are you developing Hypertension with the Dreamcast in mind (will the game be for Dreamcast) ?

I tried to ask you via messenger :)

Ps: It looks really nice !

I can answer that. Development is kind of done on PC for now, but they will not release the game for PC. It is an exclusive for the Dreamcast. It will not be released on other platforms. Although I see no reason a person can't rip the .wad files from the game once released and get it up and running on the PC version of Hyper 3dge engine. It is based on the Doom II engine after all just a very highly modified source port.

Also speaking with Cora many years back I asked her if we would ever see any mod tools released with the game, she said it is a possibility.

I for one would love to see online networking implemented with this. I am sure it is possible to have a fully working brand new game with online multiplayer possible. Shouma and Cora should have a talk, it might really be beneficial. The game is already created with split screen coop/deathmatch in mind.

Here is an old gameplay trailer from 2015, but it is really great at showing off gameplay on the Dreamcast.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#102 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 am

Thanks Anthony817 for the answer. Im very pleased with it :)

AdamL
rebel

Post#103 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:20 am

Sooooooooo.... any updates on this? Still being worked on or nah?

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#104 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:34 pm

I think it was last year they said they were taking a hiatus, so I just assume this game is dead. They were helping out on SLaVE too, and that seems dead.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#105 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:06 pm

You would think this would be the perfect time to work on it you know? Hell my Battlefield 1944 mod for BF2 has gotten a huge boost in development done since most of my team has been sitting at home with tons of free time.

Shameless plug: https://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-1944

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#106 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:41 pm

I vote "yes".
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#107 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:08 pm

It was getting really good.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#108 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:48 pm

This is dead. Just like Sl@ave. They haven't updated in years and I think it was even pulled from moddb.

It's a shame, another impressive project that went silent , and all the hard work left to die on someones HDD.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#109 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:09 am

Was prolly because looking at the old src was based on sdl +opengl with the now much better gldc this last year i think would solved all the problems with the engine

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#110 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Not possible better do a kickstarter fund to release what they have or supposed the game is ? They all will die of hypertension before the game is done
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-