The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#71 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Motoracer5 wrote:Has anyone ripped it and tried it on an emulator or ODE?

That’s probably a good shout to be fair.
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

Iggi
noob

Post#72 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:45 pm

Dreamcastnews wrote:Has anyone played the game in length? Mine is locking up on the 3rd fight in the game on two Dreamcast machines :|

Also got a freeze here.

Workaround
The problem can be easily worked around when just skipping this specific dialogue (e.g. by pressing Enter on the keyboard) before the text is getting near the end of the dialogue box. My impression is that the text is too long for the box and will just crash the game as soon as it's overflowing...

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#73 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:00 pm

So is this confirmed to only be the collectors edition then?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#74 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:44 pm

Iggi wrote:
Dreamcastnews wrote:Has anyone played the game in length? Mine is locking up on the 3rd fight in the game on two Dreamcast machines :|

Also got a freeze here.

Workaround
The problem can be easily worked around when just skipping this specific dialogue (e.g. by pressing Enter on the keyboard) before the text is getting near the end of the dialogue box. My impression is that the text is too long for the box and will just crash the game as soon as it's overflowing...

should have not need a work around on a game like this have you then seen past this how many other times this happens? how is it too long box is not hard limit explain to me how too much txt overflows a dreamcast..

mstar
Doom

Post#75 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:04 pm

DCGX wrote:So is this confirmed to only be the collectors edition then?

From what i've gathered so far, sadly not.

I've shot them an email as well - both regarding the crash and my crippled inlet - lets see what they come up with.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#76 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:05 pm

mstar wrote:
DCGX wrote:So is this confirmed to only be the collectors edition then?

From what i've gathered so far, sadly not.

I've shot them an email as well - both regarding the crash and my crippled inlet - lets see what they come up with.

Yeah they should reply, one would hope. They'll have to reprint a fixed disc, but shipping costs are what's really going to suck. I'll be getting my copy this week, and that baby is staying sealed for now.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#77 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Not sure to understand why would the game cd of the limited edition would be different from the regular one ?
I mean I understood that the limited edition just has an extra cd for the OST, isn’t it ?

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#78 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:05 pm

sgmx wrote:Not sure to understand why would the game cd of the limited edition would be different from the regular one ?
I mean I understood that the limited edition just has an extra cd for the OST, isn’t it ?

I asked because it seemed like everyone reporting the issue had the collectors edition. And it isn't entirely unheard of. The 'Road Trip' Edition of 'Arcade Racing Legends' acted differently than the standard edition.

SpaceHoliday
lithium

Post#79 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:21 am

DCGX wrote:
sgmx wrote:Not sure to understand why would the game cd of the limited edition would be different from the regular one ?

I asked because it seemed like everyone reporting the issue had the collectors edition. And it isn't entirely unheard of. The 'Road Trip' Edition of 'Arcade Racing Legends' acted differently than the standard edition.

Mike P from the Dreamcast Junkyard has the standard edition and the issue appears in the same place.
Hello, Lewis here. Read my posts at http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#80 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:08 pm

From the pictures the cd are identical