Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#201 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:09 am

It looks stunning :o

Keep Up the hard work

beanboy
Wazza

Post#202 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:40 pm

In all honesty. This game really looks nice.

bramenjam
rebel

Post#203 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:20 am

The new Kickstarter update has information including on the release.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... ts/2721037

In short, "release candidate 1" for the PC version should be ready in January. Depending on the test results, we may proceed with release, or create revised versions.
Once a stable version is ready, then the PC version will be released. The second step is to create the Dreamcast version based on the latest updated/patched version.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#204 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:13 am

Thanks for explain :-)

Hope you'll find an issue, for true widescreen DC version. If you release the game for ps4 and PC, you probably do a 16/9 release it's not possible to through it in dreamcast version as an option ?

Anyway I wish you hapiness and my congrats to get married !

Protofall
undertow

Post#205 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:53 am

Recently MoopTheHedgehog has added a tonne of new video modes for Dreamcast Dev. Some of them are a little bit funky, but depending on Izzy's native resolution I think one of them will work well.

Roel
Developer

Post#206 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks for the tip! I have looked it up and MoopTheHedgehog's work looks well-researched.

848x480 might do the trick, but the frame rate would suffer because the TA would have to render 32.5% more pixels than normal, which is obviously a very significant amount. But I could probably solve that by rendering the game in a slightly smaller area surrounded by a black frame.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#207 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 am

I posted to moop about it glad protofall gave you the info..

Protofall
undertow

Post#208 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Roel wrote:Thanks for the tip! I have looked it up and MoopTheHedgehog's work looks well-researched.

848x480 might do the trick, but the frame rate would suffer because the TA would have to render 32.5% more pixels than normal, which is obviously a very significant amount. But I could probably solve that by rendering the game in a slightly smaller area surrounded by a black frame.

No problem. Also note that aside from the native resolutions (Which one of them is 848x480 60Hz), most other resolutions have different display resolutions to frame buffer resolutions. The vertical resolution is always the same, but the horizontal one is stretched out (Sometimes by a factor of a weird decimal number, or sometimes by an integer). You can find the frame buffer sizes (And scales) in this file: https://github.com/Moopthehedgehog/Drea ... _support.h

And yeah, the black frame idea is a good one. Before MoopTheHedgehog made his discoveries, I had an idea to have a "widescreen letterbox-ed" resolution which is just normal 640x480, except you only render in a 640x360 area with 60-pixel high black bars on top and bottom. Also note some of Moop's resolutions don't work on some TVs. I think those native resolutions are supported on all systems though.

Roel
Developer

Post#209 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:15 am

Protofall wrote:No problem. Also note that aside from the native resolutions (Which one of them is 848x480 60Hz), most other resolutions have different display resolutions to frame buffer resolutions. The vertical resolution is always the same, but the horizontal one is stretched out (Sometimes by a factor of a weird decimal number, or sometimes by an integer). You can find the frame buffer sizes (And scales) in this file: https://github.com/Moopthehedgehog/Drea ... _support.h

Thanks! I had noticed the strange frame buffer widths, but I forgot to address that subject in my previous post. I imagine some of those modes can be quite nice if line doubling is enabled. For example, 540x600 would then effectively become 540x300, which maps almost perfectly to 16:9. Sadly that resolution is just a bit too low to play Intrepid Izzy properly.

Protofall wrote:And yeah, the black frame idea is a good one. Before MoopTheHedgehog made his discoveries, I had an idea to have a "widescreen letterbox-ed" resolution which is just normal 640x480, except you only render in a 640x360 area with 60-pixel high black bars on top and bottom. Also note some of Moop's resolutions don't work on some TVs. I think those native resolutions are supported on all systems though.

I know, and I think I've mentioned 640x360 before in this thread. It's a very easy and highly compatible solution, and as such it has been my intention since day one to support this option. The only problem is that not all TVs/monitors allow the picture to be zoomed in if the source is a VGA and/or HDMI signal. For such displays, a 16:9 signal could be a better solution.

bramenjam
rebel

Post#210 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:58 pm

A new Intrepid Izzy update has been posted: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... ts/2771047

With DC news and screenshots!

arena5.png

mine3.png

blob5.png

Return to “New Games”