Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mankrip
shadow

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#401 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:50 pm

I don't remember having any problem with the ninjas, or with any other enemy. Once we get used to their patterns, it's just a matter of timing their attacks to reach them. And all of the boss battles were really fun.

Offscreen attacks would only be cheap if the enemies used more advanced AI and had hitscanning, which is not the case.

I've died a lot, but I don't remember the game having cheap challenges at any point, so I enjoyed it. It's a matter of learning the level layout and the enemies' attack patterns, and trying again.

The only issues were with a few places were we can get locked in with no way out, which Roel already knows.

The only additional suggestion I'd make is that maybe one of the costumes could have significantly stronger directional control during regular jumps, to help in places were we must jump on lots of horizontally moving platforms.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#402 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:42 am

mankrip wrote:I don't remember having any problem with the ninjas, or with any other enemy. Once we get used to their patterns, it's just a matter of timing their attacks to reach them. And all of the boss battles were really fun.

Offscreen attacks would only be cheap if the enemies used more advanced AI and had hitscanning, which is not the case.

I've died a lot, but I don't remember the game having cheap challenges at any point, so I enjoyed it. It's a matter of learning the level layout and the enemies' attack patterns, and trying again.

It has nothing to do with challenge, but the ninjas have such a long distance on their attacks, unless you're inching through their sections, if you don't know they're there, they're always hit you from off-screen. It's just frustrating constantly getting hit in a new section when you can't see the attacks coming or even the enemies in the first place. That by definition is a cheap attack. This is true of any game.

mstar
Doom

Post#403 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:03 pm

DCGX wrote:... if you don't know they're there, they're always hit you from off-screen. ...

Narrator: that's why they're Ninjas..

Roel
Developer

Post#404 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:13 pm

mstar wrote:Narrator: that's why they're Ninjas..

:lol:

mankrip
shadow

Post#405 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Dying in new areas is normal. When that happens, you should learn from the experience.

By the way, you can move the camera around to look further away. If you're not doing that, this is the problem. The camera helps a lot, and I assigned it to the analog stick.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#406 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 am

mankrip wrote:Dying in new areas is normal. When that happens, you should learn from the experience.

By the way, you can move the camera around to look further away. If you're not doing that, this is the problem. The camera helps a lot, and I assigned it to the analog stick.

You seem to be missing my point which is these particular enemies have an unfair advantage. And yes, once you know they are there that's a different story, but my point is when it's an entire area, that's frustrating.

Playing along, getting hit out of nowhere from something you can't see, going a little further, getting it out of nowhere, kills the flow and fun. Same with having to stop every few feet to move your camera a little.

It's not the whole game, and I still really enjoyed the game, I've said that multiple times, it just feels a bit unbalanced when it comes to the ninjas, blade-hand guys, whatever they are, because it's stop and go and feels cheap.

But I'm done with you.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#407 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:56 am

Intrepid Izzy got a honorable mention in Audi from Digital Foundry game of the year video. Was great to see it in there!

Roel
Developer

Post#408 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:31 pm

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#409 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:01 pm

Roel wrote:https://youtu.be/GsOJVO2UZh0

Starts around 9:35

Damn, and here I was thinking we’d get an AotB end of the year surprise :geek: :mrgreen:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#410 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:21 pm

Joe from Game Sack also gave some time to 'Izzy' in his played games of 2021 video. Exposure!

Return to “New Games”