Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#231 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:47 pm

mstar wrote:Well, if you're so much inclined, you could play it on PC / get it on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9085 ... epid_Izzy/

It's even 25% off right now, so it'd be sort of the right moment :)

I'll check it out, but tbf I don't play games on PC. It doesn't feel right. My PC is used for my work, so while it could run any game no sweat, I'm never inclined to do so. I play exclusively on consoles so I can relax on the sofa when I play. PC gaming is such a faff to set up controllers etc which means I never do it.

Roel
Developer

Post#232 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:42 am

Roareye wrote:I'll check it out, but tbf I don't play games on PC. It doesn't feel right. My PC is used for my work, so while it could run any game no sweat, I'm never inclined to do so. I play exclusively on consoles so I can relax on the sofa when I play. PC gaming is such a faff to set up controllers etc which means I never do it.

I know the feeling. Controller support in PC games is often abysmal. But with Intrepid Izzy you can use practically any USB controller (e.g. a PS4 controller) without the need for drivers or external input conversion software. :)

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#233 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:34 am

Like @roareye, i prefer play on console.
Simply waiting the Dreamcast version.

Hope for you the game is selling well, anyway.

Roel
Developer

Post#234 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:33 pm

Our latest update reveals what Intrepid Izzy looks like on Dreamcast:

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#235 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:07 pm

It's so beautiful!
Just got to catch up with the demo again today and I was really impressed again by how smooth it plays. Can't wait for the finished product ^_^

Impacto
dark night

Post#236 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:34 pm

Roel wrote:Our latest update reveals what Intrepid Izzy looks like on Dreamcast:

I will be able to buy the gdi image for use on gdemu?

My Dreamcast doesnt have the gdrom drive.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#237 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:50 pm

It would be cool to be able to buy the gdi/cdi files, and it would reduce production costs for you guys. XenoCrisis and Zia the Goddess of Magic have both done so, though I do appreciate it makes it harder to prevent piracy.

I'll buy it whichever way it goes, but I also have a gdemu, so would have to rip a copy via my spare DC the way I did with my Arcade Racing Legends disc.

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#238 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:58 pm

So when can I buy it?
I love 2d platformers.. and this one looks silky smooth.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#239 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:45 am

:D

Roel
Developer

Post#240 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:10 pm

Roareye wrote:It would be cool to be able to buy the gdi/cdi files, and it would reduce production costs for you guys. XenoCrisis and Zia the Goddess of Magic have both done so, though I do appreciate it makes it harder to prevent piracy.

I'll buy it whichever way it goes, but I also have a gdemu, so would have to rip a copy via my spare DC the way I did with my Arcade Racing Legends disc.

It would not reduce production costs. A full production run has to be payed for. No matter how many people buy a downloadable disc image, it doesn't somehow mean we get our money back from the CD pressing plant. ;)

MastaG wrote:So when can I buy it?
I love 2d platformers.. and this one looks silky smooth.

We're working on the manual, packaging and art book now. When those are ready, we'll move on to manufacturing. Normally it would take about 8 weeks to complete the whole process and have the finished product in our hands, but in this case it may take longer on account of the pandemic.

Return to “New Games”