Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: VasiliyRS, deluxux

User avatar
marcosmoutta
lithium
Posts: 35

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#311 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:27 am

Pretty cool but 200BRL is absurd. And this one is in stock, even if I could afford the rush rush reloaded game, it's sold out, or maybe the website is dead, I don't know. Who am I to say this, I didn't study game design and programming for years to accomplish something, but gatekeeping your games behind physical media is dumb. A cdi for 15USD like xeno crisis would be really adequate. Hell, Intrepid Izzy is 37BRL on Steam right now and it's not even on sale, why do I have to pay so much for the DC version?

User avatar
DarkSynbios
Beats of Rage
Posts: 424
Contact:

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#312 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:06 am

marcosmoutta wrote:Pretty cool but 200BRL is absurd. And this one is in stock, even if I could afford the rush rush reloaded game, it's sold out, or maybe the website is dead, I don't know. Who am I to say this, I didn't study game design and programming for years to accomplish something, but gatekeeping your games behind physical media is dumb. A cdi for 15USD like xeno crisis would be really adequate. Hell, Intrepid Izzy is 37BRL on Steam right now and it's not even on sale, why do I have to pay so much for the DC version?


I think the price is good enough for a DC game. You must understand how much time take the team to make this game and even for old console like Dreamcast. For the team to gatekeeping is a dumb as you say, think if someone buy the cdi version and leak it around on net like what they did for Xenocrisis and many other games. My opinion is to keep exclusive on cd for one year at least.

User avatar
Roel
Developer
Posts: 314
Contact:

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#313 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:31 am

marcosmoutta wrote:Pretty cool but 200BRL is absurd.


I can agree if you mean absurdly cheap. But I take it you are of another opinion.

I'm surprised to learn Steam is offering the game for 37 BRL, because that is less than half the price you'd pay for it in other countries. But I guess Steam must have its reasons - I have little control over such things.

marcosmoutta wrote:gatekeeping your games behind physical media is dumb.


Nobody here is gatekeeping. Even if your perspective is a little skewed because you're used to getting games for so much less than the rest of us, that was still a very strange claim to make. Perhaps you have some personal problems that need sorting out? Don't worry man, we all have those sometimes. Hang in there, everything will be OK. <3

User avatar
marcosmoutta
lithium
Posts: 35

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#314 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:09 am

Roel wrote: Nobody here is gatekeeping. Even if your perspective is a little skewed because you're used to getting games for so much less than the rest of us, that was still a very strange claim to make.


The only means to obtain the game is through physical media, which is a figurative gate. Just because the term is normally used in a negative tone doesn't change its literal meaning.
And yes, I'm used to getting games for much less than the rest of you because if someone actually wants to move a copy here they have to do that. Not only is 200 bucks a fith of the minimum wage, I can safely guarantee the shipping costs won't be less than another hundred, THAT IS IF I DON'T GET TAXXED. People who don't have to pay over a fifth of their salary to play this will get to experience this, not me.

Not that any of this actually matters considering I can just get it on steam. But I would have really enjoyed burning a new DC game like I did with Xeno Crisis

User avatar
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Posts: 4009

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#315 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:59 am

marcosmoutta:

that's really bullshit, every time I import a game I pay taxes (like so many of us, it is a part of the hobby, and everybody knows it) and sometimes the tax is 3 times more than the actual object cost, because they are assholes over here. A while ago, I bought something for €10 & by the time I got it, it had cost me 35...you can't expect game companies to price their stuff lower, coz you just happen to live in a country that screws you over time & time again on taxes, or because the standard of life is lower than somewhere else. It happens to all of us, When I was in Iceland a few years back, 1 glass of wine cost as much as a whole meal over here, so I could either take it or leave it, the restaurant isn't going to lower their prices just because I make less money than they do in Iceland.
I'm pretty sure they don't give away PS4 games for the price of a hamburger, where you live...
We are SEGA generation.

User avatar
DCGX
Nemesis
Posts: 625

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#316 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:32 am

marcosmoutta wrote:
Roel wrote: Nobody here is gatekeeping. Even if your perspective is a little skewed because you're used to getting games for so much less than the rest of us, that was still a very strange claim to make.


The only means to obtain the game is through physical media, which is a figurative gate. Just because the term is normally used in a negative tone doesn't change its literal meaning.
And yes, I'm used to getting games for much less than the rest of you because if someone actually wants to move a copy here they have to do that. Not only is 200 bucks a fith of the minimum wage, I can safely guarantee the shipping costs won't be less than another hundred, THAT IS IF I DON'T GET TAXXED. People who don't have to pay over a fifth of their salary to play this will get to experience this, not me.

Not that any of this actually matters considering I can just get it on steam. But I would have really enjoyed burning a new DC game like I did with Xeno Crisis


Saying a game only available physically is gatekeeping would mean the inverse is true too for digital only games for people that don't have fast enough/reliable internet or internet at all.

And we all pay tax. We all pay tax on digital purchases too. I pay tax on used items off eBay from other countries. Not import tax, tariffs or the like, but I pay Michigan state tax. That doesn't even make much sense when you think about it.

There's other things to consider about the price of physical releases too, like printing and packaging costs. What's not fair is new games getting released for the same price digitally as physically, since digital releases don't have the extra physical-related costs plus brick and mortar overhead.

And this is going to sound rude and elitist, but you can't blame the dev, who, at $40, is charging a very reasonable price, if you can't afford it. I feel for you if 200BrR is a fifth of your salary, though I don't know if that's weekly or monthly, but it doesn't change the fact that the price is fair. Especially since it's the same price as most of the shoddily ported JoshProd crap.

The larger problem here is that wages in general do not track alongside inflation and price increases.

User avatar
marcosmoutta
lithium
Posts: 35

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#317 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:28 pm

DCGX wrote:
marcosmoutta wrote:
Roel wrote: Nobody here is gatekeeping. Even if your perspective is a little skewed because you're used to getting games for so much less than the rest of us, that was still a very strange claim to make.


The only means to obtain the game is through physical media, which is a figurative gate. Just because the term is normally used in a negative tone doesn't change its literal meaning.
And yes, I'm used to getting games for much less than the rest of you because if someone actually wants to move a copy here they have to do that. Not only is 200 bucks a fith of the minimum wage, I can safely guarantee the shipping costs won't be less than another hundred, THAT IS IF I DON'T GET TAXXED. People who don't have to pay over a fifth of their salary to play this will get to experience this, not me.

Not that any of this actually matters considering I can just get it on steam. But I would have really enjoyed burning a new DC game like I did with Xeno Crisis


Saying a game only available physically is gatekeeping would mean the inverse is true too for digital only games for people that don't have fast enough/reliable internet or internet at all.

And we all pay tax. We all pay tax on digital purchases too. I pay tax on used items off eBay from other countries. Not import tax, tariffs or the like, but I pay Michigan state tax. That doesn't even make much sense when you think about it.

There's other things to consider about the price of physical releases too, like printing and packaging costs. What's not fair is new games getting released for the same price digitally as physically, since digital releases don't have the extra physical-related costs plus brick and mortar overhead.

And this is going to sound rude and elitist, but you can't blame the dev, who, at $40, is charging a very reasonable price, if you can't afford it. I feel for you if 200BrR is a fifth of your salary, though I don't know if that's weekly or monthly, but it doesn't change the fact that the price is fair. Especially since it's the same price as most of the shoddily ported JoshProd crap.

The larger problem here is that wages in general do not track alongside inflation and price increases.


I agree with you. The price is fair. I was advocating for a digital DC release, not a price cut on the CD. And yeah it's monthly

User avatar
DCGX
Nemesis
Posts: 625

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#318 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:21 pm

They said they were exploring a digital option. You might just need some patience.

User avatar
bramenjam
rebel
Posts: 21

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#319 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:04 am

Yes, the digital version is coming, but we will first sort out the Collector's Edition.

User avatar
SEGA RPG FAN
DC-Talk Addict
Posts: 506

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#320 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:16 am

It's the reality of global economics and it sucks if you're in a country where your purchasing power is lower. I was honestly expecting the game to be priced higher and would maybe have to pass on it, so I was pleasantly surprised at the $40 price point.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users