Intrepid Izzy KickStarter launched!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roel
Developer

Re: Intrepid Izzy KickStarter launched!

Post#51 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I have contacted them all, or at least so I've tried.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#52 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 am

WTF is going on with Kickstarter? Is it burned out already? Izzy is probably the most important and best looking game for the DC in recent years... and its not a shmup!
This game needs to happen. If the KS fails you/we need to come up with a different idea.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#53 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 am

People may be burned out, yeah. I'm waiting on three DC games alone from Kickstarters not to mention SL@VE. People have a lot of money out there, and I don't blame some for being hesitant to back more in the meantime.

This isn't a reflection or fault of Senile Team, but it is a concern for some outside individual Kickstarters.

Roel
Developer

Post#54 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 am

Thank you for your kind words segata sanshiro, but don't get too worried yet! It's fairly normal for kickstarter campaigns to progress slowly in the middle, with most pledges being made near the beginning and the end. And it's actually done relatively nicely today.

That's not to say we can just sit back and relax, though. It takes a lot of effort every single day to promote the kickstarter. But if enough people help spread the word, we can surely make it!

Ryo Suzuki
lithium

Post#55 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Just backed it!

I try to help spreading the word in my little site: http://www.segasaturno.com/portal/apoya ... t9181.html

We need this game!

Roel
Developer

Post#56 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Thanks Ryo Suzuki! You're awesome!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#57 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:47 am

Ive been posting around on game boards and reddit. Now that Ps4 is included in the original goal, we should post and reach out to as many PS4 groups as possible. I dont have a sony console, so I don't know a lot of the best places to post with that. Its a shame Kotaku didn't write something up. They will post mostly anything and always have their yearly DC birthday articles.

WingMantis
dark night

Post#58 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Hey Roel, found this bootleg on ebay using your company logo on the made up packaging:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edd-Ed-n-Eddy-i ... 2740662292?

I've reported a couple bootleggers on ebay but they haven't been taken down

WingMantis
dark night

Post#59 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Roel wrote:Thanks for the advice, but I've been doing a lot of that since the launch already. ;) The non-Dreamcast bloggers/vloggers don't respond nearly as often as the Dreamcast ones, though.

Sorry to double post everyone, just want to try and help Izzy reach the goal.

@Roel, "The Stuff of Legends" hasn't gotten any backers yet. The name on splash screen sounds like something that should be limited to very few.

I'm thinking company sponsorship. Maybe reach out to the major halloween costume businesses like Spirit Halloween, buycostumes.com, etc and see if you can get a backer that way. Offer a "Co-Produced by" credit or something. Same goes for used game distributors like GameStop, etc.

Offer physical copies of DC and physical code card package for steam and PS4 that can be sold in stores or used for promotional contest.

Another idea is to offer unique statues on the higher packages, so more of Izzy's different costumes at each level. That could entice more pledges.

Roel
Developer

Post#60 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:12 am

Hi WingMantis!

I've given up on the fight against unscrupulous ebay sellers a long time ago. It's a hopeless endeavour.

Thanks for the suggestions! The "Stuff of Legends" is very limited, isn't it? But I suppose I could limit it even further. From researching other kickstarters, I got the impression that very high tiers tend to be chosen not for their unique rewards, but they are really just the go-to option for those who intended to pledge a large amount anyway. But interestingly, we've had a few large pledges from backers who refrained from choosing any reward at all. I know they're for real though, because I know who they are.

Good thinking with the sponsorship idea! And thanks for listing some potential candidates too. Halloween is only just emerging in The Netherlands, so I'm not familiar with the relevant companies at all.

Return to “New Games”