Intrepid Izzy KickStarter launched!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

WingMantis
dark night

Re: Intrepid Izzy KickStarter launched!

Post#41 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Roel wrote:So far: posting daily on social media and forums, contacting bloggers and vloggers, contacting print magazines, appearing in podcasts, posting frequent kickstarter updates, and even leaving flyers in local game and comic shops. Also planned: AMA (Ask Me Anything) events, Kickstarter live and more YouTube videos.

Tying in to Halloween is a good idea, although we'll have to celebrate it early. Thanks!

Roel, maybe you could make a flyer that wouldn't use too much color ink for people to distribute. Just enough to show off the beauty of the game. Are there any Dreamcast Talkers in major cities around the world that could print a flyer or two to take to their local stores?

I looked at the kickstarter page last night and again this morning. Good to see the jump.

From what I understand, any PS4 pledges will be refunded if you don't make the stretch? I think you should have made the Playstation 4 version a smaller stretch goal to make sure you can get your foot in the door there.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#42 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 am

I see the Dreamast Junk Yard has a demo of this game. Have you tried to contact Adam Koralik? Im sure he would help as his channel gets a lot of views.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Roel
Developer

Post#43 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:06 am

WingMantis: I don't have an ink-friendly version, but I have added the flyer to the Intrepid Izzy press kit. (direct link)

On the subject of PlayStation 4, I have good news! The PS4 version is now included in the base goal! Now if someone an direct me to the PS4 userbase's door, I have a foot I'd like to get in there...

Anonymouse: I contacted Adam Koralik the same time as I did pcwzrd13 and the DCJY, and I also sent him the demo. Let's hope he'll put it to good use!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#44 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Roel wrote:

Anonymouse: I contacted Adam Koralik the same time as I did pcwzrd13 and the DCJY, and I also sent him the demo. Let's hope he'll put it to good use!

maybe you should send one to Marc from Classic Game Room as well
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#45 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 pm

I think these (beautiful) videos are a great help for the kickstarter.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#46 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Roel wrote:WingMantis: I don't have an ink-friendly version, but I have added the flyer to the Intrepid Izzy press kit. (direct link)

On the subject of PlayStation 4, I have good news! The PS4 version is now included in the base goal! Now if someone an direct me to the PS4 userbase's door, I have a foot I'd like to get in there...

You should contact Retro Gamer Magazine in the UK. They have a section every month about recent homebrew/indie titles and are big fans of DC. I'm positive (edit: fairly certain!) they'll feature you.
https://twitter.com/RetroGamer_Mag
aka DavidHK on DC games.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#47 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 pm

I think you should reach non-dreamcast related communities too because most of us read news here or at facebook groups and we do know about the game. Contact known bloggers through social networks you never know if and how much they going to like your game, check their youtube channels and take a look at recommended channels in their profile since they add friends you may do not know yet.

Roel
Developer

Post#48 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks for the advice, but I've been doing a lot of that since the launch already. ;) The non-Dreamcast bloggers/vloggers don't respond nearly as often as the Dreamcast ones, though.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#49 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 am

mazonemayu wrote:maybe you should send one to Marc from Classic Game Room as well

I thought that as well.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#50 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:26 am

Glad to see some of the previous DC kickstarters giving you shoutouts. Did you try contacting the staff for the book "Sega Dreamcast: collected works." They have 2100 backers going right now, perhaps they would be willing to say a few kind things about this project.

Return to “New Games”