Beat Tendency - Homebrew for Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

KeiDash
undertow

Re: Beat Tendency - Homebrew for Dreamcast

Post#31 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:45 am

lerabot wrote:Hey KeiDash, I was wondering if you figured out how to put video in the black box? I've been working with the dreamroq library for KOS and I'm getting good results. I'll try to make a tutorial on DCEmulation or something in the near future.

PM me if you need any info on this.

Hi lerabot,

I'm currently working with BennuGD, not with KOS. Some methods from KOS was ported to BennuGD by Indiket but dreamroq not. For the moment I've two ways to do it, loading a .ogv video with a vlc code for BennuGD or implement my own video like a gif image. Maybe I use this last method for reduce the RAM charge.

Still, I appreciate your help.
Last edited by KeiDash on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#32 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:06 am

Really looking forward to this . Looks really good ! Keep it up :P

KeiDash
undertow

Post#33 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi all!

I haven't put many information about the progress of the game in 2 or 3 months. This is because I had been working on the time/sincronization code elements and it was a hard work. BennuGD it's give to me many headaches and now give to me another one problem, based on the freeing of ram.

BennuGD has a big bug/problem freeing element in the RAM (because not erase or rewrite elements on RAM), and I've to reduce and rewrite so many lines of code for this.

The project continues!
Last edited by KeiDash on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#34 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Best of luck! I look forward to this!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#35 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 am

Is the BennGD still being developed for the Dreamcast? If so, maybe you can report your bug to them to see if they can be resolved
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

KeiDash
undertow

Post#36 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Anonymouse wrote:Is the BennGD still being developed for the Dreamcast? If so, maybe you can report your bug to them to see if they can be resolved

No, the development for Dreamcast was stoped in 2005 (I think..). The bug has been reported but not fixed. The problem is related with the fragmentation of the Dreamcast RAM. Something I don't know what it is, provoques that this fragmentation can't be reorganized in the life cicle of the program runned on Dreamcast.

In any case, I'm using less colors on the game (from 16bits to 8bits) to have more free ram

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#37 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Any updates on this? This game looks like a lot of fun.

KeiDash
undertow

Post#38 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 am

Hi, updates..no many..more or less.

The project continues but I've delayed because I have many problems to try the game on the real system. I lost my old DVD/CD-Writer, the only one that can burn compatible CD-ROM's for my Dreamcast .

I'm looking for an alternative like SD Slot or DremPI (something like this) to try the game in the real system, because at the moment, I can try it on PC and Emulator only, and this not is the best way to launch a game in "good conditions"

In any case, the last updates has been the design of the game, you can see some screens on the official web site.

Regards

Plastic
rebel

Post#39 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Will this support djdao controllers and bms files?

KeiDash
undertow

Post#40 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:22 am

Plastic wrote:Will this support djdao controllers and bms files?

Yes for djdao but not for bms files. BeatTendency isn't a BM interpreter sorry.