Barbarian aka Death Sword is coming to Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

VasiliyRS
Uber

Barbarian aka Death Sword is coming to Dreamcast

Post#1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 pm

A bit unexpected news to be honest but it is very interesting.

Barbarian is coming to the Sega Dreamcast later this year with lots more versions to follow.

• New graphics modes
  • Officially licensed product
  • Two-player support
  • Exciting new features
  • Commercial quality box
  • The same classic game-play you know and love!

This is an early work in progress preview for the Sega Dreamcast port of the classic one-on-one fighter Barbarian, also known as Death Sword in North America. This just shows the tribute modes, an exclusive DC mode is still to be added.

Like and repost https://www.facebook.com/EpyxSoftware/p ... 8213272533
News is found at The Dreamcast Junkyard fb group.

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Barbarian aka Death Sword is coming to Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:35 am

My excitement level in one word: meh.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:44 am

Yeah. Nice game back in the day considering hardware limitations in those days. Now alas the gameplay needs updating. Nice homage with different graphics modes but it needs to be a budget game and priced accordingly. Might support it at some point maybe...

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:28 am

I'm just gonna copy what I wrote on the Dreamcast Junkyard, as I feel I can't stress my opinion enough on this.

Yea, no one is getting my money on this. I also recommend everyone else keep away from this, or we will only see more of this nonsense.

I will support quality Dreamcast releases, mainly those made with the Dreamcast in mind. I don't need a 30 year old game that can run on my toaster released for DC like this - and at a premium price. Even Midway and Atari didn't have the balls to release one classic/retro title per disc when the DC was commercially relevant, they did collections.

No one said you COULDN'T port a game to Dreamcast, but I am definitely saying you SHOULDN'T if you expect to make a profit on this kind of nostalgic shovelware. Dreamcast is on a path to being the dumping grounds of afternoon ports.

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am

Nico,

I agree 100% with what you said man. I'm not gonna shell $40 or more for some 30 year game with EGA graphics. Sorry. Not happening. Do I appricieate the thought torwards the Dreamcast? Sure. Of course. But let's see new games created for the Dreamcast and not ports of 30 year old games. I'll be taking a pass on this one for sure.